The Student Room Group

i hate christmas

i hate it

Scroll to see replies

Amen.
i can't cope with it & it's so inescapable. why does everyone act like it's the best thing in the world? im sick of it
Scrooge

I don't like it that much either really. I just see it as a huge, globalized business strategy that most businesses take advantage of, to profit of the gullibility of the general public.

The fact that the socially accepted convention of "Christmas" has the potential to make people go out and spend £££ on "presents" that nobody really needs, is raw power. Marketing power.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by RedGiant
Scrooge

pretty much
I call this the season of lies.
i feel like it's aimed at people with a huge family & loads of money.

puts pressure on parents to give their children 'the dream christmas' from tv because they don't want it to seem like Santa doesn't love them or whatever.

& if you're on your own it's miserable

if you aren't happy it makes your unhappiness x10 worse because it's the season of 'happiness & joy' so you just feel horrific
I personally love it. I get to see family, we have good food and everyone is (generally) really happy. There's good films to watch and people come together. Gifts are just a bonus, but they aren't that important. I love Christmas because it's just so jolly and happy, and we need a bit of positivity in this world right now and Christmas is a good way to do it.
it gets more and more ridiculous every year? loads of new traditions like elf on a shelf & parents on the internet giving their kids an xmas present every day of december?! must make some parents feel like s**t when they can't do the same, it's like a competition
Original post by DrawTheLine
I personally love it. I get to see family, we have good food and everyone is (generally) really happy. There's good films to watch and people come together. Gifts are just a bonus, but they aren't that important. I love Christmas because it's just so jolly and happy, and we need a bit of positivity in this world right now and Christmas is a good way to do it.

imagine it if you didn't have family & there was just a load of pressure to be happy when everyone else was having these big celebrations
i just want to go somewhere remote for the rest of the month & wait for it to be over
Original post by perspectives
imagine it if you didn't have family & there was just a load of pressure to be happy when everyone else was having these big celebrations

Okay, no family, so just join in with friends or colleagues! However if you are totally insistent on thinking Christmas sucks then I can't change your view. Be happy being miserable instead of trying to have happiness in your life.
I'm not a huge fan either.

It's only over a few days at least.
Okay, no family, so just join in with friends or colleagues! However if you are totally insistent on thinking Christmas sucks then I can't change your view. Be happy being miserable instead of trying to have happiness in your life.

i'm 18! my friends are with their families
i hope i'll have a big family one day :smile:
i'm 18! my friends are with their families

Some friends and their families welcome others into their Christmas Day. I guess yours don't, however that doesn't mean you have to hate Christmas.
i feel like it's aimed at people with a huge family & loads of money.

puts pressure on parents to give their children 'the dream christmas' from tv because they don't want it to seem like Santa doesn't love them or whatever.

& if you're on your own it's miserable

if you aren't happy it makes your unhappiness x10 worse because it's the season of 'happiness & joy' so you just feel horrific

man **** presents i'm in it for that sweet christmas turkey
Some friends and their families welcome others into their Christmas Day. I guess yours don't, however that doesn't mean you have to hate Christmas.

why would i enjoy it haha?
Original post by Ray_Shadows
man **** presents i'm in it for that sweet christmas turkey

fair. the food is def the best bit.
I'm spending Christmas with my friends family this year and I must say I have found it extremely stressful with little money trying to find xmas prezzies.

Had a thought about it though and tbh the prezzies shouldn't be the main factor on whether Christmas is good I'm really looking forward for us all to spend time together! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest