5) Inputs
6) Outputs

I'm stuck and need help
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you written any programs? Consider what one of those programs is made up from, and then ask yourself what the program would look like it didn't have some or all of those things.

For example, look at a program which you've written, and consider what you'd be left with in that program if you took away all of its inputs, outputs and variables. What would it look ilke and how would it work?
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by winterscoming)
Have you written any programs? Consider what one of those programs is made up from, and then ask yourself what the program would look like it didn't have some or all of those things.

For example, look at a program which you've written, and consider what you'd be left with in that program if you took away all of its inputs, outputs and variables. What would it look ilke and how would it work?
Can you please explain to me what key and repeated processes are? I don’t know what they are and I need help
Master_Khan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Key and repeated processes? Never heard of the term but sounds like "Iterations" in programming, well the repeated processes part doest at least, not sure what "key" means in programming context
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have you used any constructs such as for, while or do..while? Alternatively, have you used recursion? These are all tools for repeating a set of instructions in a program
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
Have you used any constructs such as for, while or do..while? Alternatively, have you used recursion? These are all tools for repeating a set of instructions in a program
Nope I’m a total beginner
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also, the word 'process' doesn't really have a set definition in computer science, so that question seems to be a little bit vague. The english language definition is a bit too open-ended for programming, but it will have to do:

From google:
Process noun
a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
The closest this comes to programming would be a set of instructions or statements which 'do something' - for example, arithmetic or string manipulation.
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
Also, the word 'process' doesn't really have a set definition in computer science, so that question seems to be a little bit vague. The english language definition is a bit too open-ended for programming, but it will have to do:

From google:
The closest this comes to programming would be a set of instructions or statements which 'do something' - for example, arithmetic or string manipulation.
I’m still confused. About key and repeated processes.
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BTS_ARMY_XOXO)
Nope I’m a total beginner
In which case, it's worth trying them out in whichever programming language you've used. The concepts of for/while/etc are the same in nearly all programming languages.

Statements used for repetition do what the word suggests - they let your program re-run an instruction or set of instruction(s) repeatedly, multiple times.

For example, you might have an instruction in a program which prints "hello" to the screen. Using a for or while statement, you could modify that program to repeatedly run that instruction, so the program will print to the screen many times.

These explanations and flowcharts on wikipedia about for and while might be useful to you, although the best way to see what they do is to use them in a program:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_loop
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/While_loop
winterscoming
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I’m still confused. About key and repeated processes.
The term 'process' and particularly 'key process' aren't commonly used terms to describe parts of a program, so they're really ambiguous. This sounds like a term where the best thing to do is ask for clarification from your lecturer, because I can only guess and make assumptions which might be incorrect.

Given the way the question itself is worded (referring to variables, constants, inputs, outputs), they're likely referring to the kinds of instructions which produce some kind of result or perform some kind of calculation, as these are the other fundamental building blocks for a program.

If this is the case, then I'd expect it might refer to something like 1 + 1 , which is an instruction that produces a result of 2. . However, the best person to actually clarify the question this would be the course lecturer or whoever has written the question.
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Rep:
?
Ahhhh guys, I found out that key process means main function and repeated process means repeated function, so how do programmers identify these to represent a problem?
biqgimiles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why might programmers represent parts of a problem/system by identifying:

1) Variables
2) Constants
3) Key processes
4) Repeated processes
5) Inputs
6) Outputs

I'm stuck and need help
Key processes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (120)
63.49%
I don't have everything I need (69)
36.51%

Watched Threads