The Student Room Group

people who love cold weather?

how is this possible?

I saw a poll here last year and over half the people apparently love this weather. I've just been outside for a hour, my toes got half numb, my fingers were so cold it HURT (and I was wearing gloves) ...and it's just a very miserable feeling

how do so much people prefer this weather to hot? I'm genuinely baffled.....

Scroll to see replies

I don't love cold weather, but I do HATE hot weather. This is better than the prospect of heatwave British summer we always get these days...

With the cold, you can always add more layers. There's a limit to how many you can remove in the heat before it becomes "public indecency". Also outerwear and winter accessories are fabulous.
I think it's so pretty outside and if you wrap up enough you can enjoy it.
Also, the air just feels so much nicer too. In summer it feels stifling.
Reply 3
But when you get back inside and cosy up by a nice warm fire with a hot bowl of soup and a toasty bread roll! ^_^ is the best!

It's kinda like how some people go into the cold swimming pool before they get in a hot tub. :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by ANM775
how is this possible?

I saw a poll here last year and over half the people apparently love this weather. I've just been outside for a hour, my toes got half numb, my fingers were so cold it HURT (and I was wearing gloves) ...and it's just a very miserable feeling

how do so much people prefer this weather to hot? I'm genuinely baffled.....

Buy a decent pair of gloves and wear thermal socks.
I love cold weather and hate it when people whinge and moan about it, and the fact that my grandparents and mother think I'm a weirdo for this.
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
I don't love cold weather, but I do HATE hot weather. This is better than the prospect of heatwave British summer we always get these days...

With the cold, you can always add more layers. There's a limit to how many you can remove in the heat before it becomes "public indecency". Also outerwear and winter accessories are fabulous.

I can cope much better with the hot weather

as long as i drink at least 2 litres of water a day i can cope fine, don't even need to open the windows or a fan ....just give me enough water to replace all the fluids lost in sweat and i'll cope

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by Synchronise
I love cold weather and hate it when people whinge and moan about it, and the fact that my grandparents and mother think I'm a weirdo for this.

what exactly about being cold appeals to you?
i love the cold weather, im the only one in my family who does lol, i really hate the hot weather tbh
Reply 9
I was made for heat, not this shite.
I dont undestand liking cold weather but I love snow, so maybe that's what they meant.
Original post by ANM775
what exactly about being cold appeals to you?

I'm not really sure, but I think the fact I was born in October must play a part in why I like it cold. :lol:
Reply 12
I honestly dread the winter, the only good thing about it is christmas...

don't your toes even get numb or hands numb when you got out?
do you like that feeling?
or if your hands are so numb that you can't turn your keys in the door and have to wait 5 minutes for your hands to warm up
Reply 13
Original post by applesforme
I dont undestand liking cold weather but I love snow, so maybe that's what they meant.

I loved snow when I was a kid, but I don't build snowmen anymore nor throw snowballs at friends so snow is just somewhat annoying now to me especially as it can cause traffic problems...

Original post by Synchronise
I'm not really sure, but I think the fact I was born in October must play a part in why I like it cold. :lol:

I was born in summer, perhaps that's why I hate winter ..lol
Reply 14
I worked outside on a dock for donkey's years mate and I still ****ing hate the cold.
Original post by ANM775
I loved snow when I was a kid, but I don't build snowmen anymore nor throw snowballs at friends so snow is just somewhat annoying now to me especially as it can cause traffic problems...

I was born in summer, perhaps that's why I hate winter ..lol

I was born in august and hate summer sooooo
Reply 16
I love how you can wear more clothes as I feel exposed with little on, but I do dislike ice and it's supposed to be -4 tomorrow morning so I'm terrified of slipping when waiting for the bus
Reply 17
Original post by Ikeo
I love how you can wear more clothes as I feel exposed with little on, but I do dislike ice and it's supposed to be -4 tomorrow morning so I'm terrified of slipping when waiting for the bus

yesterday I saw this young lad with his gf [they looked about 12] and he had no coat on and was out in just a T-shirt ..It was cold yesterday too, I just don't understand the mentality of some people ...how can you go out in a T-shirt in this weather?

I wonder if he was trying to impress his gf or something
Reply 18
Original post by ANM775
yesterday I saw this young lad with his gf [they looked about 12] and he had no coat on and was out in just a T-shirt ..It was cold yesterday too, I just don't understand the mentality of some people ...how can you go out in a T-shirt in this weather?

Yeah I see people wearing shorts in this weather, I swear people do actually just do it to show off but I don't see the point in doing so
Original post by ANM775

I'm still yet to pull out the jacket, been walking around in a tee myself. Some people just feel the cold less than others. I don't feel the cold much so I enjoy the colder weather. Hot weather just makes me feel lazy and tired so I don't like it. Much prefer the cold weather.

Quick Reply

Latest