The Student Room Group

Pressure Creates Diamonds : Kingz Journey to A*AA

Hey There!

I never thought i would be doing this but you know what they say :

“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.”

So today i start my journey . My very own GYG. Year 12 so far has been interesting. I have only started and i can already feel the Pressure - see what i did there :wink:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway let's stop joking around and lets get down to business .

I aiming to do well in my first year of A-level and exceed my expectations.

GCSE GRADES

Spoiler

I expected more from myself. I knew i could do better but it's all in the past now.

All i can do is learn from my past mistakes and work towards a better future . I am determined to do well.

Now its time to tell you what subjects i have chosen to do.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

For all three subjects , i have been predicted a B. Although a B is an amazing grade at A level, i personally know i can do better.

SO I HAVE PREDICTED MYSELF : A*AA

I know these grades are high but i feel with enough hardwork it's possible .

Personally , i have made this GYG to motivate myself to do well . To always work towards my goal and strive for success. It will get difficult along the way , its inevitable but if i shall fail along the way , i will not give up.

Hopefully , i can motivate others (highly unlikely but who knows) .

I will try to post every Sunday evening on how my week has been in general and keep you guys updated on my progress.

So i leave this post with one quote that i believe in:

Diamonds are formed under pressure, but never forget they are not formed overnight!

Tags

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with your GYG journey! You did really well on your GCSEs, although I can understand how expectations can overshadow your achievements. Can’t wait to see what the year brings for you :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by dandiprat
Good luck with your GYG journey! You did really well on your GCSEs, although I can understand how expectations can overshadow your achievements. Can’t wait to see what the year brings for you :smile:

Thank you for the support <3
Original post by K1NGZ
Hey There!

I never thought i would be doing this but you know what they say :

“If you want something you have never had, you must be willing to do something you have never done.”

So today i start my journey . My very own GYG. Year 12 so far has been interesting. I have only started and i can already feel the Pressure - see what i did there :wink:
:biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway let's stop joking around and lets get down to business .

I aiming to do well in my first year of A-level and exceed my expectations.

GCSE GRADES

Spoiler

I expected more from myself. I knew i could do better but it's all in the past now.

All i can do is learn from my past mistakes and work towards a better future . I am determined to do well.

Now its time to tell you what subjects i have chosen to do.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Spoiler

For all three subjects , i have been predicted a B. Although a B is an amazing grade at A level, i personally know i can do better.

SO I HAVE PREDICTED MYSELF : A*AA

I know these grades are high but i feel with enough hardwork it's possible .

Personally , i have made this GYG to motivate myself to do well . To always work towards my goal and strive for success. It will get difficult along the way , its inevitable but if i shall fail along the way , i will not give up.

Hopefully , i can motivate others (highly unlikely but who knows) .

I will try to post every Sunday evening on how my week has been in general and keep you guys updated on my progress.

So i leave this post with one quote that i believe in:

Diamonds are formed under pressure, but never forget they are not formed overnight!

Tags

Spoiler

Thanks for tagging me. I will be sure to check your GYG thread every Sunday. Coincidentally, I recently decided to post on my GYG Thread every Sunday now, having posting daily before.

Check out my GYG: Ukvoltaire Year 12 GYG Thread
I'm sure you'll do great with hard work and all the pressure. Loving the quote btw.

Spoiler

good luck!! loving the quotes and can’t wait to see how you succeed x
Reply 6
I am doing Bio and Comp Sci as well! What exam boards may I ask?
Maths and CompSci! The best subjects if you ask me. :wink2:
Good luck this year! :yep:
I feel honoured to be tagged! And wish you the very best luck in your journey. Remember to not be too hard on yourself and you are certainly right, diamonds aren't formed overnight. :colondollar:
Original post by EmilySarah00

*Cough* Physics *Cough cough*
Original post by R2D2IsASith
*Cough* Physics *Cough cough*

Considering I cannot hack Mechanics 2, I think not. :teehee:
Good luck with your grades this year! If you need any help with Maths or Biology, don't hesitate to ask - I'll try to help you to the best of my ability :h:

I'll be following this thread! :yes:

We all know the best subjects are Maths, Biology and Chemistry :wink: (deffo not bc I took them :ninja: )
Original post by RoyalSheepy
We all know the best subjects are Maths, Biology and Chemistry :wink: (deffo not bc I took them :ninja: )

Hmm... if you say so my friend... if you say so :facepalm:

Although seriously no I dropped Chem last year for a reason! :laugh:
good luck!! love the diamonds thing :heart:
Good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by R2D2IsASith
I'm sure you'll do great with hard work and all the pressure. Loving the quote btw.

Spoiler

I just really like biology. physic would have made sense but I was like INS marks away from an A in bio. I just didn't get it remark
Reply 16
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Good luck with your grades this year! If you need any help with Maths or Biology, don't hesitate to ask - I'll try to help you to the best of my ability :h:

I'll be following this thread! :yes:

Thank you and will do
Reply 17

Thank you
Reply 18
Original post by The RAR
I am doing Bio and Comp Sci as well! What exam boards may I ask?

Ocr - bio
aqa- computer science
Good luck, and loving the quotes!

Quick Reply

Latest