username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm taking Geogrpahy and a third soft subject which I haven't decided upon yet so it doesn't matter.

I like both subjects. It's very confusing to choose because I can only choose one.
Three facilitating would be far too tough for me.

I try to consider career paths to even it out but I like both career paths involving both a levels.

One is Law as I love analysing pieces of information and displaying it with point evidence and an explanation. And the other is Medical Research because I love working in a lab and conducting experiments; something about it is very stimulating for my brain.

So from experience on both A-Levels or if you've faced the same dilemma of choices what do you suggest?
Fonzworth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
I'm taking Geogrpahy and a third soft subject which I haven't decided upon yet so it doesn't matter.

I like both subjects. It's very confusing to choose because I can only choose one.
Three facilitating would be far too tough for me.

I try to consider career paths to even it out but I like both career paths involving both a levels.

One is Law as I love analysing pieces of information and displaying it with point evidence and an explanation. And the other is Medical Research because I love working in a lab and conducting experiments; something about it is very stimulating for my brain.

So from experience on both A-Levels or if you've faced the same dilemma of choices what do you suggest?
For medical research I believe Biology and Chemistry may be best
Harry171
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I really wanted to do medicine and was going to take biology and chemistry (which are I recommend you take if you want to go into medicine) but I eventually decided on English lit because I liked it more
umbrellala
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was choosing between Biology and English because I couldn't decide whether I wanted to go into politics or something medical. I ended up going with biology just because the analytical subjects like law and politics don't usually expect you to have done a levels that are related, but I'm not an expert on law so I would look into what universities usually ask for. For me, biology left me with the ability to go down either path so if I were you I would do whatever allows you to do that. Really, it depends on whether or not your third subject is an essay subject or not.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Fonzworth)
For medical research I believe Biology and Chemistry may be best
Yes I'v researched that courses such as biomedical science need chemistry.

But I have also seen courses where they don't. And theirs a course called biological sciences and biology/Human biology which I could go into research as a career without chemistry.

So the issue persists
Fonzworth
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Yes I'v researched that courses such as biomedical science need chemistry.

But I have also seen courses where they don't. And theirs a course called biological sciences and biology/Human biology which I could go into research as a career without chemistry.

So the issue persists
Well for law, there are no required subjects, and many people go into law with science subjects. Pick the subject you know you’ll enjoy studying in-depth for the next 2 years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads