The Student Room Group

Worst cold symptoms?

In your opinion, what is the worst symptom of a cold for you?

Mine is a blocked/runny nose. So bloody distracting and annoying. I am a Sudafed addict at this time of the year. Plus, my mother shouts at me for going through so much toilet tissue.

Scroll to see replies

Exactly

Luckily I pretty much never get ill (somehow) xD

Last time I was ill was like in year 5 of primary school...

Im in year 9 now:h:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Why are you using toilet tissue to blow your nose?
Throat.

Then nose. Nose impacts life due to fkd up voice.
Sinusitis
Absolute f*cking worst.
Wouldn’t say it’s a symptom but develops shortly after my cold.
I agree....it has to be the nose!! Just so annoying!
Reply 6
I'm asthmatic so it usually goes to my chest pretty quickly and becomes a right hindrance.
Reply 7
Original post by Bill Nye
Exactly

Luckily I pretty much never get ill (somehow) xD

Last time I was ill was like in year 5 of primary school...

Im in year 9 now:h:

I am envious. I have the worst immune system and am usually hit by every flu, stomach and cold virus going.
Reply 8
Original post by UWS

I’m too poor Kleenex pocket tissues... unless you are suggesting a more ingenious method of cleaning up.
Reply 9
Original post by RockyDennis
Throat.

Then nose. Nose impacts life due to fkd up voice.

It is key for a cold to make breathing through your mouth feel like sandpaper while prohibiting airflow through either nostril.
Reply 10
Original post by Huw M Thomas
I haven't had a cold in 10 years or more.

Get off my thread you freak of nature...

Unless you can share some of that immune system you have there.
Reply 11
Original post by icequeenTM
Sinusitis
Absolute f*cking worst.
Wouldn’t say it’s a symptom but develops shortly after my cold.

No, don’t talk to me about sinusitis. I’ve been suffering with that after colds ever since 2008. Why are bodies built to be so awful sometimes... why did natural selection fail us?
Reply 12
Original post by Potato456
I agree....it has to be the nose!! Just so annoying!

Especially when studying or reading... just... the constant dribble... the chill on your top lip as you try to avoid blowing your nose for the thousandth time... the repeated, and obnoxiously loud, snorts you force through just to make a point of your suffering.
Reply 13
Original post by MonicaD
I think throat. The constant need to cough is so annoying!

This is something I tend to avoid during colds, although it is equally annoying spending time with someone who can’t stop coughing, while I’m trying to tell them something :wink:
Reply 14
Original post by gjd800
I'm asthmatic so it usually goes to my chest pretty quickly and becomes a right hindrance.

Fortunately, I grew out of my asthma, but I do recall the hours spent with colds while asthmatic. Move an inch and expect a coughing fit with a serving of wheeze.
If your nose is blocked, when in private plugging up both nostrils with something like tissue helps. Literally plug it, like earplugs but in your nose. Doesn't make you breathe easier, but makes it feel much better. Def makes the feeling nicer to just totally block it off, see for yourself. Not sure why though.
When only one nostril is clogged or runny. I find that way more annoying than having both nostrils affected, for some reason.
Reply 17
Original post by UWS

It's cheap and soft. Nobody wants a blocked nose then a sore and blocked nose.
Original post by dandiprat
No, don’t talk to me about sinusitis. I’ve been suffering with that after colds ever since 2008. Why are bodies built to be so awful sometimes... why did natural selection fail us?

It’s horrible right!!! Do you get temporary hearing loss?
Sinusitis is first and second is where you are so bunged up it feels difficult to breathe.

Quick Reply

Latest