[OTHELLO] A-Level English Literature HELP!

Watch this thread
Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello Everyone!

I was looking at some of the AQA past papers regarding Othello in preperation for my mock exams and I stumbled upon this question:

Explore the significance of the aspects of dramatic tragedy in the following passage in relation to the play as a whole. You should consider the following in your answer:
 the presentation of Iago and Othello
 the dramatic setting
 other relevant aspects of dramatic tragedy.

THIS IS FROM ACT 1, SCENE 2

Im finding it difficult to make write up an essay of this question so if anyone is able to write an example essay to help me answer the question, that would be greatly appreciated.

You can also view the question here: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...77161A-SQP.PDF
(Q1 Othello)

Thanks!
Persona5
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
You could comment how despite Iago saying it's wrong to murder someone, he kills his wife later on. You could talk about how Iago and Othello are good colleagues, in this scene but Iago succeeds in leading him to ruin later on (dramatic tragedy).
Contradicted
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Persona5)
You could comment how despite Iago saying it's wrong to murder someone, he kills his wife later on. You could talk about how Iago and Othello are good colleagues, in this scene but Iago succeeds in leading him to ruin later on (dramatic tragedy).
Thanks for the advice. Im currently also looking at example essays to help me write out one myself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.14%
As I expected (71)
30.74%
Harder (87)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.46%

Watched Threads