The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
horrorboy
why are we born to die is it just some arse watchin laughin gettin his kicks from watching us shrink and die?

How do you know we aren't born, to die, to be born again? It's a big conspiracy, isn't it?
Reply 2
horrorboy
why are we born to die is it just some arse watchin laughin gettin his kicks from watching us shrink and die?

yes.
Reply 3
Mad Caddie
How do you know we aren't born, to die, to be born again? It's a big conspiracy, isn't it?

maybe, but if so whats the point
Reply 4
horrorboy

whats the point of what?
Reply 5
horrorboy

yeah i'll just bring out the 'meaning of life essay' i've got tucked away somewhere :rolleyes:
Reply 6
horrorboy

To make you realise just how insignificant you are in the whole game. After all, this is all a game, and when you die, you've just lost. You can never win, don't question the manufacturer, whoever he or she maybe.
Reply 7
corey
yeah i'll just bring out the 'meaning of life essay' i've got tucked away somewhere :rolleyes:

whats all the sarcasm about (if thats what its meant to be lol) im simply trying to encourage a discussion, maybe failing but still :smile:
Reply 8
horrorboy
whats all the sarcasm about (if thats what its meant to be lol) im simply trying to encourage a discussion, maybe failing but still :smile:

I dont think this is very discussable as noone who isnt out of their mind have a clue.
Whenever I tink abotu death and the meaning of life, I get all queasy and icky feeling.. just makes me depressed for no reason.

I'd rather not think about it.
Reply 10
lilsunflower
Whenever I tink abotu death and the meaning of life, I get all queasy and icky feeling.. just makes me depressed for no reason.

I'd rather not think about it.

Me too arghhh
Reply 11
horrorboy

Im trying to discuss it, you won't respond. You can't have it both ways.
horrorboy

Yep, its just some arse :frown:
Reply 13
TheWolf
I dont think this is very discussable as noone who isnt out of their mind have a clue.

ive seen enough 'does god exist' threads so thought my thread would have a similar respectable discussion.
for instance ppl who do biology may have a theory - somethin to do wiv evolution perhaps dunno
Reply 14
horrorboy
ive seen enough 'does god exist' threads so thought my thread would have a similar respectable discussion.
for instance ppl who do biology may have a theory - somethin to do wiv evolution perhaps dunno

Just because you do biology doesn't mean you'll agree with the Evolution theory. And surely the evolution theory would mean there was NOT, some "laughin getting his kicks". No?
Reply 15
Mad Caddie
Im trying to discuss it, you won't respond. You can't have it both ways.

sorry guess im focusing more on the less interested members :rolleyes: yeah maybe we do come back to life again though then i wouldnt see the point in dying just to come back to life
Reply 16
do you mean why do 'we' exist? or why does 'life' exist?
Reply 17
horrorboy

Why do we die? Maybe the most straightforward answer is that we die because we eat and breathe.
The way we get energy to live is through "metabolism," a process that uses oxygen to break down our food. Unfortunately, when oxygen combines with other things, all kinds of damaging side effects also occur. For example, when oxygen combines with iron, the iron corrodes or rusts.
In us, this "oxidation" produces atoms called "free radicals." Free radicals are chemically very "reactive." When they touch other molecules, they rip electrons loose from them, changing them chemically. Even worse, they start a chain reaction that makes new free radicals!
One reason we die is because our cells die. In fact, cells in your body are dying all the time.
k
Reply 18
hihihihi
k

ERm, I think we've acknowledged that we die.
Reply 19
horrorboy
sorry guess im focusing more on the less interested members :rolleyes: yeah maybe we do come back to life again though then i wouldnt see the point in dying just to come back to life

But then simarlarly, why are we born to die?

Latest

Trending

Trending