come on then explain this????? Watch

This discussion is closed.
hihihihi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
ERm, I think we've acknowledged that we die.
The REASONS for dying helps answer the oringial question
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
k
thanks for that lol although my original debate was centered around ' what is the point in living if were only going to die' :rolleyes:
Jack Schitt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
why are we born to die is it just some arse watchin laughin gettin his kicks from watching us shrink and die?
We aren't born to die. We are born to continue human life by reproducing ourselves
MC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by hihihihi)
The REASONS for dying helps answer the oringial question
Arguable, but if you are giving the scientific explanation for why we die, its a bit irrelevant if the topic is why are we born to die, isnt it?
horrorboy
Rep:
?
But then simarlarly, why are we born to die?
thats my question :confused: the most common sense thing i can think of is god doesnt exist, nature is clearly responsible for life and death as it cannot keep 1 organism alive forever so to keep the population going another organism takes over.
Jack Schitt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Arguable, but if you are giving the scientific explanation for why we die, its a bit irrelevant if the topic is why are we born to die, isnt it?
The point I think is that we die because it happens scientifically and we 'know' the answer rather than us just dying with no reason. SO we die unavoidably; thus we are not "born to die"?? wth.. lol
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jack Schitt)
We aren't born to die. We are born to continue human life by reproducing ourselves
i think thats the best/most sensible answer so far actually
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
so we don't do any other things other than have sex everyday? human are not animals
Jack Schitt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
so we don't do any other things other than have sex everyday? human are not animals
We are animals. Just clever ones. The more clever an animal/organism is, the more (generally) it does.
horrorboy
Rep:
?
he wasn't implying that i dont think, our purpose is to survive, breed and pass on our genes anything else along the way is a bonus
Jack Schitt
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
he wasn't implying that i dont think, our purpose is to survive, breed and pass on our genes anything else along the way is a bonus
exactly
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we aren't born to die....we were born to pass on genes....we are a huge chemical reaction gone horribly out of control

however there is hope. We have developed technology capable of propergating data via books, the internet etc etc.....these are called memes. Once we have technology to make use of this data....we will become obsolete....but who likes the thought of that anyway!
horrorboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Willa)
we aren't born to die....we were born to pass on genes....we are a huge chemical reaction gone horribly out of control

however there is hope. We have developed technology capable of propergating data via books, the internet etc etc.....these are called memes. Once we have technology to make use of this data....we will become obsolete....but who likes the thought of that anyway!
lol chemical reaction gone wrong :confused:
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we are virus.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
We are animals. Just clever ones. The more clever an animal/organism is, the more (generally) it does.
yeah, i was going to edit my post, yes we are animals, and yes we are clever ones, so reproduction is not only purpose of our life, if that's the case, there won't be any scientist, teachers etc.

Agree we are designed to attract opposite sex, but your statement 'We are born to continue human life by reproducing ourselves' well, that's not me then... We are born for lots of other things.
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
we are virus.
then why am i talking to you, virus are not alive...
Shushi
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
our purpose is not only to survive but to live as good as we can...not to breed but until find someone you love and want to have a child. lol there is more then enough humans on earth
horrorboy
Rep:
?
yeah, i was going to edit my post, yes we are animals, and yes we are clever ones, so reproduction is not only purpose of our life, if that's the case, there won't be any scientist, teachers etc.

Agree we are designed to attract opposite sex, but your statement 'We are born to continue human life by reproducing ourselves' well, that's not me then... We are born for lots of things.
we are biologically born to reproduce, but the mind must see other purposes
Willa
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no not a virus.....now you're getting silly. We are a chemical reaction. Look at it this way.

There are a certain number of resources available on the planet (i.e a certain number of atoms). There are lots of reactions that can take place. What are the most common atomic configurations? Well any chemical reaction which causes further propogation of the same reaction is no doubt going to result in lots of the same chemical configuration. This first happened in the formations of clay and such...the creation of clay propogated more clay to be made....hence why there is loads of clay around everywhere. Humans are the same. The Nucleides we are made up of are replicators....they create copies of themselves, and hence form lets of the same chemical configuration. The most successful replicators tend to replicate alot. Humans are VERY SUCCESSFUL replicators...that's obvious because there are lots of humans. Now you might say "All our genes are different" but in fact we are 99.9% alike.....so that 99.9% of genes (dawkins refers to most of those as Selfish genes because they dont do anything) is successful. We are a chemical reaction gone out of control...we are a product of self-replication. Now computers can self-replictate data much more efficiently than chemical reactions (chemical reactions go wrong...hence mutations and such). Hence computer data will become the future self-replicator....and we will be superseeded, once again by something of our own creation!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Willa)
no not a virus.....now you're getting silly. We are a chemical reaction. Look at it this way.
Hehe i was kiddin :rolleyes:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads