The Student Room Group

Additional Science GCSE Re Sit January 2018

hi,
So basically, in june 2017 I finished my GCSE exams and about a month later found out i failed Additional Science by 3 marks, therefore i am re doinh it again in January 2018 at Bradford college. I was wondering if there are others that are re doing it as well and might share what they think would come up (mainly C2) or how they are revising for it and stuff like that?.

Scroll to see replies

I'm in the same boat as you 😭
Original post by Ambiguous 10
I'm in the same boat as you 😭

its okay, the winds will calm down and you will reach the shore. just work gard
Original post by ImyAfridi380
its okay, the winds will calm down and you will reach the shore. just work gard

hard*
I'll try my best 😊 good luck πŸ˜‚
I'll try my best 😊 good luck πŸ˜‚

thanks, just asking do you think grade boundaries will be high or low?
I believe it'll be slightly lower than last time I was only a few marks off a B and I think it'll be easier to achieve that now
I believe it'll be slightly lower than last time I was only a few marks off a B and I think it'll be easier to achieve that now

*sigh of relieg* hopefully i can get a b as well. maximum i can get js 287, and 280 gives yo a B, so yeah lets hope it all goes well
Original post by ImyAfridi380
*sigh of relieg* hopefully i can get a b as well. maximum i can get js 287, and 280 gives yo a B, so yeah lets hope it all goes well

relief*πŸ˜‚

hi, I just did the BL2FP? how did you find it? btw when the f were we meant to know how to measure cells? or was it just me that didnt know?
You had to use a ruler. it's a really small section in the cgp revision guide that covers it
You had to use a ruler. it's a really small section in the cgp revision guide that covers it

oh wow. ruler was the only thing I didnt bring. hahaha. but what was the answer? also what was the answer to the questions where it asks which groups of animals went extinct and which ones evovlved? was it B and A?
I did the higher paper
Did you do the foundation paper cause I could try and find the answer for you
I did the higher paper
Did you do the foundation paper cause I could try and find the answer for you

yeah, it was foundation. like I counted the marks that i was 110% sure I knew i got, and they were like 40/60. could you please find out the answer to the 6 marker. I Wrote it like this/pointed this out.

.Place measuring tape along the water area
.place 1.5 x 1.5 quadrats along the tape
.record the distance and the plants that were found at this certain distance.
.to make it valid place quadrats randomly or do the experiment again to see if its reproducible.

also, may be the measuring cells part was in the higher tier cgp book and not foundation? because i am certain i didnt not see it.

anyways if you could try and find the answers above, I will be very thank ful to you. thanks
Sure I'll try my best to find it I'll message you when I do 😊
Sure I'll try my best to find it I'll message you when I do 😊

thanks so much πŸ‘
Are you in yr12?
Are you in yr12?

no, I kind if wasted this year. but i am doing all my resits and will start year 12 in september. wby?
Reply 18
what exam board are you doing? i just did biology this morning
yr 12 from Bristol

Quick Reply