The Student Room Group

someone explain the israel palestine issue?

I've recently heard a lot of people discussing about Israel AND Palestine as seperate things. I thought they were the same?

Can someone explain to me what the issue with the jews and muslims are in the first place? Unbiased as possible because I just want to know the insight on the issue. I've tried reading articles but it doesn't go from the start "where the problem arose from"

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RickHendricks
I've recently heard a lot of people discussing about Israel AND Palestine as seperate things. I thought they were the same?

Can someone explain to me what the issue with the jews and muslims are in the first place? Unbiased as possible because I just want to know the insight on the issue. I've tried reading articles but it doesn't go from the start "where the problem arose from"

Thanks

The problem arose thousands of years ago during the time of ‘prophet Mohammed’ etc. In many scriptures such as the Quran, there were notations of indifferences and rivalries between the Jews and the Muslims, a historic rivalry that is still intact today (People with Stamps of Israel in their passport can’t even enter Muslim Countries, and vice Versa) *Its also written in the Koran that Prophet Mohammed was poisoned by Jews, which is most likely what carried this tension between Jews and muslims*

Now this Israeli-Palestinian issue is kind of odd. Before 1948, Palestine let the Brit’s govern them, the Brits had a given mandate to rule them. When tensions were high (especially straight after WW2), there was a crisis on where to situate the Jewish people. The Jews of Europe realised that they weren’t too welcome in Europe (well, a lot of then atleast). This particular band of Jews created what was known as the Zionist movement; a movement which would see them pitch for their god-given land in the Middle East. Now, Palestine did exist before, and with Britain’s mandate, It was agreed amongst the western powers and the Zionists that Palestine would be split, creating Israel, with both of them sharing Jerusalem (West going to Israel, East going to Palestine)

The zionists relocated to Israel, however of course, the Palestinians objected. This then kicked of the Israeli-Arab war which ultimately saw Israel invade West Jerusalem too; although the Palestinians still claim it to be there’s as it was originally their land, kicking off the ever lasting feud which still goes on today.

As for the recent Jerusalem news, I’m sure you’re aware of it.
(edited 6 years ago)

Thanks

IIRC, we gave the Jews their own country after WW2 - Israel. The problem is that a lot of Muslims live in that region and want their own country.
Original post by stoneroses2828
The problem arose thousands of years ago during the time of ‘prophet Mohammed’ etc. In many scriptures such as the Quran, there were notations of indifferences and rivalries between the Jews and the Muslims, a historic rivalry that is still intact today (People with Stamps of Israel in their passport can’t even enter Muslim Countries, and vice Versa) *Its also written in the Koran that Prophet Mohammed was poisoned by Jews, which is most likely what carried this tension between Jews and muslims*

Now this Israeli-Palestinian issue is kind of odd. Before 1948, Palestine let the Brit’s govern them, the Brits had a given mandate to rule them. When tensions were high (especially straight after WW2), there was a crisis on where to situate the Jewish people. The Jews of Europe realised that they weren’t too welcome in Europe (well, a lot of then atleast). This particular band of Jews created what was known as the Zionist movement; a movement which would see them pitch for their god-given land in the Middle East. Now, Palestine did exist before, and with Britain’s mandate, It was agreed amongst the western powers and the Zionists that Palestine would be split, creating Israel, with both of them sharing Jerusalem (West going to Israel, East going to Palestine)

The zionists relocated to Israel, however of course, the Palestinians objected. This then kicked of the Israeli-Arab war which ultimately saw Israel invade West Jerusalem too; although the Palestinians still claim it to be there’s as it was their land, kicking off the ever lasting feud which still goes on today.

(a rep would be appreciated)

"(a rep would be appreciated )"
Desperate house wives

The zionists relocated to Israel, however of course, the Palestinians objected. This then kicked of the Israeli-Arab war which ultimately saw Israel invade West Jerusalem too; although the Palestinians still claim it to be there’s as it was originally their land, kicking off the ever lasting feud which still goes on today.

(a rep would be appreciated)

You would of got a rep if what you have stated wad factually correct.(Not that I do reps).

If you don't know anything don't act to clever for you're boots please.

Thanks

To put it simply, it's all about land between the Muslims and the Jews. Jews believe they have the right to the land, whereas Muslims believe Palestine was there before the Jews so technically, Jews have stolen land and they continue in oppressing my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Don't worry though justice would be served soon InshaAllah.

The oppression is some next level I don't know how my Muslim Brothers and Sisters are living as such.
You are unlikely to get a non biased answer from someone, your best bet is to do your own research. I did the same with terrorism in the Middle East and found out a load of **** that is conviently ignored by society
Original post by BrianMcEgg
You are unlikely to get a non biased answer from someone, your best bet is to do your own research. I did the same with terrorism in the Middle East and found out a load of **** that is conviently ignored by society

The situation is pretty straightforward to be honest. Does not require research.

Just common sense which evidently, is not common nowadays.
Original post by MiszShortee786

lol
The situation is pretty straightforward to be honest. Does not require research.

Just common sense which evidently, is not common nowadays.

The final sentence kinda proves my point doesn’t it? In these cases people should do their own research before taking sides imo, it’s perhaps obvious who’s wrong but if one can back Israel and have some potentially logical reasoning, then one should be able to adequately answer back, rather than getting mad. That’s how society should be, and is why this country is so divided politically, people need to learn how to put their emotions second and try convince someone that they’re wrong, but it’s obviously a sensitive subject so I completely understand why people feel so strongly one way or another.
The final sentence kinda proves my point doesn’t it? In these cases people should do their own research before taking sides imo, it’s perhaps obvious who’s wrong but if one can back Israel and have some potentially logical reasoning, then one should be able to adequately answer back, rather than getting mad. That’s how society should be, and is why this country is so divided politically, people need to learn how to put their emotions second and try convince someone that they’re wrong, but it’s obviously a sensitive subject so I completely understand why people feel so strongly one way or another.

Who is exactly is 'correct' as per say when conducting the research? There's no need to back anyone this is where issues generally stems from majority of the time.

To be honest, it's not about proving who's wrong and right. It's about putting such in practice. So we can be discussing this for the rest of our lives however the situation itself in Palestine is not resolved. Because individuals do more talking and less action is being taken.
Original post by Wilfred Little
lol

Tis true. 😃
Who is exactly is 'correct' as per say when conducting the research? There's no need to back anyone this is where issues generally stems from majority of the time.

To be honest, it's not about proving who's wrong and right. It's about putting such in practice. So we can be discussing this for the rest of our lives however the situation itself in Palestine is not resolved. Because individuals do more talking and less action is being taken.

Because it’s an issue that people ought to talk about, we should discuss it and make our own conclusions, it won’t do much for the two regions, but on a moral basis it’s important people talk about these issues. Just think that researching on it would leave the opening poster better off tbh
Because it’s an issue that people ought to talk about, we should discuss it and make our own conclusions, it won’t do much for the two regions, but on a moral basis it’s important people talk about these issues. Just think that researching on it would leave the opening poster better off tbh

That's exactly what's been going on for years . Talk talk talk. How many have each of these killed during this talk sessions?

And that's exactly what the OP is doing? He's collating his own research from a student forum so it's not a sensible idea, it still falls under the category of research.
Reply 14
You would of got a rep if what you have stated wad factually correct.(Not that I do reps).

I gave an unbiased account, what I said is facts. Facts don’t care about your feelings.
Reply 15
To put it simply, it's all about land between the Muslims and the Jews. Jews believe they have the right to the land, whereas Muslims believe Palestine was there before the Jews so technically, Jews have stolen land and they continue in oppressing my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Don't worry though justice would be served soon InshaAllah.

The oppression is some next level I don't know how my Muslim Brothers and Sisters are living as such.

>OP asks for unbiased account
> This is Literally a biased version of my account
> Clueless Hijabi slates me hahaahah
I gave an unbiased account, what I said is facts. Facts don’t care about your feelings.

I didn't state that fact cares about feelings.

Someone's offended.
>OP asks for unbiased account
> This is Literally a biased version of my account
> Clueless Hijabi slates me hahaahah

That is unbiased. If you bother to open you're eyes and mind for that matter you would see that for yourself.

Erm no it is not. I have included unbiased reasoning in that explanation for a reason.

Clueless individual has no common sense.
Reply 18
I didn't state that fact cares about feelings.

Someone's offended.

I’m offended you’re questioning my knowledge on the subject, especially considering I’m literally Palestinian. You’re just another clueless modern Muslim, whos main source of information derived from the indoctrination by your parents, as well as popular channels of retards (reference. Imjustbait). Also you’re a woman, stay out of politics.
That's exactly what's been going on for years . Talk talk talk. How many have each of these killed during this talk sessions?

And that's exactly what the OP is doing? He's collating his own research from a student forum so it's not a sensible idea, it still falls under the category of research.

That’s mainly down the leaders of certain countries being incompetent, it’s not like no one of the population cares

Quick Reply

Latest