The Student Room Group

Does my dad treat me like a boy? Can't I make my own decisions

I was meant to be at my friends at 9.

There is snow and my dad over-reacted and saying don't drive today (the journey would have only taken 8-9 minutes, with traffic 15 minutes).

He was shouting and saying like a paranoid man "why are you causing me to worry for" quiet a lot of times. It was over the top.

I'm 28 years old and I can make my own decisions.

Why does he react like this?
Original post by Anonymous
I was meant to be at my friends at 9.

There is snow and my dad over-reacted and saying don't drive today (the journey would have only taken 8-9 minutes, with traffic 15 minutes).

He was shouting and saying like a paranoid man "why are you causing me to worry for" quiet a lot of times. It was over the top.

I'm 28 years old and I can make my own decisions.

Why does he react like this?

Probably cause you're his child and he cares about you. Driving in the snow is dangerous and even if I was in his position ,I'd have said the same thing
Reply 2
I understand.

However, it is over the top. I'm only driving on 20mph roads and where I have to go to is not even far.

Even walking it is less risky and he had a problem with that too.
I understand.

However, it is over the top. I'm only driving on 20mph roads and where I have to go to is not even far.

Even walking it is less risky and he had a problem with that too.

Q1) Are you an only child?
Q2) How bad was it snowing?
Reply 4
I've got a sister and it's not snowing, but there is snow on the roads.
I've got a sister and it's not snowing, but there is snow on the roads.

If I was in your dads position, I'd let you walk down till there but driving till there would be out of the question. That's just my opinion. And what do you mean by your dad treating you like a boy?
Probably due to past experience, sometimes events have a long lasting effect on someone or the fact it’s unsafe, the greatest fear of one parent is out living their child

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending