The Student Room Group

2017-18 Champions League Thread

Scroll to see replies

Madrid are absolutely lethal going forward, but honestly they are so poor defensively.

Why is Marcelo even a LB?
Original post by Lúcio
Madrid are absolutely lethal going forward, but honestly they are so poor defensively.

Well he assisted Benzema for his goal..
Original post by Zerforax
Well he assisted Benzema for his goal..

That’s exactly my point - great going forward but hilariously poor at the back.

Basically just a better version of Moreno...

They make me so salty; they never play well but always get the result 😂

Bayern need to be more ruthless though. They haven’t punished Madrid enough in this tie and if they go out, they only have themselves to blame. They have been thoroughly the superior side in this tie but they still find themselves behind.
Blatant penalty not given. UEFADRID at it again, these dodgy *******s.
Original post by Lúcio

Because he's the best LWB in the world.

Just as a comparison: Marcelo 447 apps 39 goals; Dani Alves 741 52 goals.

I'd also like to know how many assists he averages per season - he must be in the top 3 of all time in La Liga as a defender.
(edited 5 years ago)
WTF is the keeper doing....

R.I.P Bayern. It's done.
Jesus Christ Bayern - what an absolute shocker 😂

Madrid might be the luckiest team I’ve ever seen...
Reply 527
Why didn’t the keeper just grab it and give away an indirect free kick.

Nonsense from the midfielder as well.

Typical Real CL luck :rofl:
Why is everyone so trash ffs. Gonna let Liverpool win the ****ing thing.
Pls no....Liverpool must NOT win the CL.

Can't think of anything worse.
Reply 530
Both of these teams are absolutely shocking. I’d be disappointed if Liverpool or Roma didn’t beat either of these in the final.

Kimmich needs to stop playing in a nothing league and come and play for Liverpool with players who can run faster than my nan.
Reply 531
If a pub team conceded the 2nd goals in each match that Bayern conceded I would be embarrassed.
Reply 532
James apologising for scoring against a team that wanted him out. This is a ****ing joke.
Reply 533
Lovely bit of needle from Bayern then.
Really am struggling to decide whether I'm watching two really good team or two really bad ones?

Bayern have been the better side by far over two legs...but somehow Real have scored 4 goals?
Reply 535
Original post by Fizzel
Really am struggling to decide whether I'm watching two really good team or two really bad ones?

Bayern have been the better side by far over two legs...but somehow Real have scored 4 goals?

For the first leg, two bad ones, for this leg two good ones.

Bayern really should be winning.
Reply 536
Original post by bammy jastard 27
For the first leg, two bad ones, for this leg two good ones.

Bayern really should be winning.

I think it’s two bad ones in this leg as well in all honesty. Each team has acres of space to move around in before there is some generic Sam Allardyce type scramble around the 18 yard box and then it restarts.

The passing is slow and predictable, with both teams not really having any discernible plan or structure either with or without the ball.

The first leg was diabolical but this leg is still a mess.
Can you imagine Salah playing against the vacant space at the left side of Madrid's defence?
Reply 538
Original post by The Rusty Spork
I think it’s two bad ones in this leg as well in all honesty. Each team has acres of space to move around in before there is some generic Sam Allardyce type scramble around the 18 yard box and then it restarts.

The passing is slow and predictable, with both teams not really having any discernible plan or structure either with or without the ball.

The first leg was diabolical but this leg is still a mess.

Tbf, Real doesn't really look like a team with a plan other than score goals. If they are struggling one cross will go in eventually.
Reply 539
He fell over and has cramp. Why the **** kick the ball out.

Quick Reply

Latest