The Student Room Group

Uni Accomodation Help

Hi there. I want to apply for accommodation in uni, but I'm unsure when I should do this, or how I need to do this. Do I need to go in for an interview or anything? And is there anything I should know about when applying, like loopholes?

I know this is very vague, but I am applying, and any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help. :smile:
Apply after you've firmed the University you want to go to. The University would probably send you an E-Mail with details regarding the same. If you're applying to a London Uni , try for Halls of Residence . If you don't get one, apply for one that's not in Central London, rents will be sufficiently cheaper. Also, try to get the maximum number of things that are covered in your rent i.e. make sure content insurance, wifi, etc. are covered in your rent.
What Uni are you applying to and for what course?

Original post by romia017
Hi there. I want to apply for accommodation in uni, but I'm unsure when I should do this, or how I need to do this. Do I need to go in for an interview or anything? And is there anything I should know about when applying, like loopholes?

I know this is very vague, but I am applying, and any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help. :smile:
Original post by abhinair3004
Apply after you've firmed the University you want to go to. The University would probably send you an E-Mail with details regarding the same. If you're applying to a London Uni , try for Halls of Residence . If you don't get one, apply for one that's not in Central London, rents will be sufficiently cheaper. Also, try to get the maximum number of things that are covered in your rent i.e. make sure content insurance, wifi, etc. are covered in your rent.
What Uni are you applying to and for what course?

Thank you for helping :smile:
I'm applying to Salford Uni for English Literature, and have an unconditional.
Thank you for helping :smile:
I'm applying to Salford Uni for English Literature, and have an unconditional.

I have no idea about the accommodation in and around Salford Uni. Just check up if Salford have sent you an E-Mail regarding the same, if not you might get some details on their site.
Have you accepted the offer?
Original post by abhinair3004
I have no idea about the accommodation in and around Salford Uni. Just check up if Salford have sent you an E-Mail regarding the same, if not you might get some details on their site.
Have you accepted the offer?

I will do, thank you. I haven't yet, because I'm waiting for other uni's to reply to me, but I most likely will :biggrin:
Which other unis have you applied to?

I will do, thank you. I haven't yet, because I'm waiting for other uni's to reply to me, but I most likely will :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest