The Student Room Group

What exam board do you hate the most?

Poll

Which exam board do you hate or dislike the most?

For me, Edexcel is fine, I do it for maths. AQA has a lot of content for subjects like RS and Geography, but English is honestly so long. OCR is for science, I don't like it and it's annoying because there's not much online for OCR science. What do you guys think? I'll attach a poll too.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissKaboodle21
For me, Edexcel is fine, I do it for maths. AQA has a lot of content for subjects like RS and Geography, but English is honestly so long. OCR is for science, I don't like it and it's annoying because there's not much online for OCR science. What do you guys think? I'll attach a poll too.

CIE!!! ****ing ridiculous exam board!
Original post by Rohit_Rocks10
CIE!!! ****ing ridiculous exam board!

CIE? Never heard of that one. What subject did you take CIE for?

No CIE in poll?
CIE? Never heard of that one. What subject did you take CIE for?

It's an international board. It stands for 'Cambridge International Examinations'. I do Physics, Chemistry and Maths CIE A-Levels
No CIE in poll?

sorry, i didn't know that it had existed, i'll add it if i can
sorry, i didn't know that it had existed, i'll add it if i can

No worries haha
No CIE in poll?

also, OCR is Cambridge as well so you could vote that probably
ocr
WJEC! :angry:
Original post by TheBlueBiro
ocr

I take OCR for science, quite annoying, especially as I'm ding triple as well. What are you taking OCR for?
I take OCR for science, quite annoying, especially as I'm ding triple as well. What are you taking OCR for?

i dont, Im at Uni 😂. i did ir for science and I remember doibg the aqa papers and finding them much easier.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
WJEC! :angry:

I'm not taking any WJEC exams, what subjects are you taking them for? And why is it annoying?
I'm not taking any WJEC exams, what subjects are you taking them for? And why is it annoying?

I've taken them for every subject in GCSE, and my A-Levels (which are Maths, Chemistry and Biology). They have a huge reputation for being pedantic with their answers. If your answer isn't word for word with the mark scheme, you ain't getting the mark :/
Original post by TheBlueBiro
i dont, Im at Uni 😂. i did ir for science and I remember doibg the aqa papers and finding them much easier.

oh okay :flower2: hope uni is going well for you
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I've taken them for every subject in GCSE, and my A-Levels (which are Maths, Chemistry and Biology). They have a huge reputation for being pedantic with their answers. If your answer isn't word for word with the mark scheme, you ain't getting the mark :/

thats so unfair!! feel so sorry for you :frown:
Reply 16
absolutely hate edexcel for maths, everything is so damn difficult. eduqas for english is ok, marking could be less strict tho. aqa for science is alright, for rs its pretty easy, for french its hard tho
Original post by tsdz
absolutely hate edexcel for maths, everything is so damn difficult. eduqas for english is ok, marking could be less strict tho. aqa for science is alright, for rs its pretty easy, for french its hard tho

I do edexcel for maths, okay for me. I also do AQA for RS, not that difficult. I do AQA for Spanish, and so far in Year 10 it's the GCSE that requires less attention for me personally. You're lucky to do AQA for science though.
I hate OCR with their ****ing foundation you can't het higher than a D maths paper
Original post by jonathanemptage
I hate OCR with their ****ing foundation you can't het higher than a D maths paper

A D?? Shouldn't it be at least a C? That's really not fair

Quick Reply

Latest