The Student Room Group

Christian family in India forced to stop worshipping in their own home

http://www.christiantimes.com/article/indian-authorities-order-christian-family-to-stop-worship-gatherings-in-their-home/73291.htm

Indian authorities have issued a notice telling a Christian family to stop holding Christian activities, threatening 'stringent action' if they do.

Just one more example of the persecution that many Christians suffer in India.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Not just christians but increasingly Muslims too, ever since the right wing Hindu government got into power they have emboldened far right Hindu extremists who seek to persecute Muslims and other minorities
DISGUSTING. Why is it always acceptable to discriminate against Christians but Muslims are sacred?
Reply 3
Original post by Dan Deplorable
DISGUSTING. Why is it always acceptable to discriminate against Christians but Muslims are sacred?

Exactly. Christians are heavily persecuted in the Middle East, India, Pakistan, China and a lot of other places. It's awful that people look the other way when this happens.
Original post by Trapz99
http://www.christiantimes.com/article/indian-authorities-order-christian-family-to-stop-worship-gatherings-in-their-home/73291.htm

Indian authorities have issued a notice telling a Christian family to stop holding Christian activities, threatening 'stringent action' if they do.

Just one more example of the persecution that many Christians suffer in India.

"The Bible says that if your are persecuted in one place then move to another".
It's disgusting, but not surprising. Christians are being attacked, left right and centre in many "so called" democracies. That's why we have to hold on to our faith in Christ, even if we are not allowed to practice our religion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Huw M Thomas
"The Bible says that if your are persecuted in one place then move to another".

The problem is it's hard to flee. Many of these Christians are far too poor to leave their country and other countries won't take them in.
Christians are persecuted mainly in Muslim countries but also in countries like India. Atheists and Jews are also persecuted in these countries. It really shows the difference between the Western world and third world civilisations like India and Iraq.
Muslims are persecuted a lot in India as well. It's becoming a dangerous country for Muslims and Christians
Original post by MartinF98
The problem is it's hard to flee. Many of these Christians are far too poor to leave their country and other countries won't take them in.

Not all that carry the title "Christian" have been converted they just swap one religion for another. A converted man considers persecution to be pure joy.
India cannot be called a democracy if Muslims and Christians are being lynched, and not recognised as Indian, because of Hindu nationalists viewing such religions as foreign to the region.
Original post by Golden State
India cannot be called a democracy if Muslims and Christians are being lynched, and not recognised as Indian, because of Hindu nationalists viewing such religions as foreign to the region.

It certainly can't be called secular.
Please provide independent and trustable sources,n ot some Christian propaganda websites.

Christianity sucks but if this is happening then it's horrible.
Original post by LadiesMan99
Please provide independent and trustable sources,n ot some Christian propaganda websites.

Christianity sucks but if this is happening then it's horrible.

It's actually disgusting that you are insulting the religion on a thread about followers of the religion being persecuted, it's not appropriate at all.
Original post by Ladbants
It's actually disgusting that you are insulting the religion on a thread about followers of the religion being persecuted, it's not appropriate at all.

If people are being persecuted then it's horrible. But I have said it before and I will say it again, Christianity is a disgusting useless religion and God does not exist.

I looked this case up and the only 2 websites that have reported this are Christianity Today and Morning star news both of which are biased Christian propaganda websites. I could not find anything about it on any unbiased independent reputable media including the Hindustan Times,so it is safe to say that this probably never happened.
Original post by LadiesMan99
If people are being persecuted then it's horrible. But I have said it before and I will say it again, Christianity is a disgusting useless religion and God does not exist.

I looked this case up and the only 2 websites that have reported this are Christianity Today and Morning star news both of which are biased Christian propaganda websites. I could not find anything about it on any unbiased independent reputable media including the Hindustan Times,so it is safe to say that this probably never happened.

Christianity is not a disgusting religion. It's a progressive religion that has greatly shaped the world that we live in today. Christians are being persecuted all over the world. This case is just one of many which show how Christians are being treated in non-Christian countries. Don't let your dislike for religion cloud your judgement.
yes ,this is true that many christian people are suffering in India. and only they myself also,I'm to suffering in India .

Quick Reply