What's your colour type?(spring,summer,autum,winter ) Watch

dwarfie
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Have you ever heard about this theory and if so, how did it help you?
Bill Nye
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay...?
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm really similar, I have light skin (though not pale, like light with a yellow cast that tans really well. My foundation shades are usually called things like 'sand' or 'golden beige') and light grey eyes. I always loved how striking the combination of dark hair and light eyes looked (my mum has almost black hair and bright blue eyes, everyone else in my family also has the really thick, dark, wavy hair and I got stuck with my fine mousy hair...).

I dyed it dark but it looks wrong on me. I could sort of pull it off but only with a lot of makeup, without the makeup it was so obviously not my natural colour (I have blonde eyebrows!) and made my skin tone look weird. I tried red too, loving the bold fiery look on other people. But it lacked the yellowness I need. I can pull off warm colours but it was too red and rich and seemed to make my skin pink and dull. The best colour for me is blonde, when I was a kid I had almost white hair but it went dark blonde when I was 10. Now I find that the shade that's easiest for me to maintain is a medium shade that sits between blonde and strawberry blonde (I just use a lightening spray and after a while my hair gets to the lighter blonde colour, but it blends with my roots because it's all gradual and the highlights and ombre effect look really natural).

I'm a Spring, my colouring is light and bright and I look awful in dark muted colours. Sometimes I wish I had rich colouring or dramatic colouring and could pull off those gorgeous shades of burgundy. But if I'm out shopping and I see a shade that is garish and you'd think 'no one in their right mind would wear that colour!' then it's probably a good colour for me....so I revel in the 'uniqueness' of colour I can wear!
dwarfie
Rep:
?
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
I'm really similar, I have light skin (though not pale, like light with a yellow cast that tans really well. My foundation shades are usually called things like 'sand' or 'golden beige' and light grey eyes. I always loved how striking the combination of dark hair and light eyes looked (my mum has almost black hair and bright blue eyes, everyone else in my family also has the really thick, dark, wavy hair and I got stuck with my fine mousy hair...).
Omg I absolutely adore this look dark hair and light grey electric eyes!However we all have to stay ourselfes..Sometimes I wish I could understand this theory a little earlier in my life, because that would save so much time and instead of being someone else, just lightly highlight your own natural style instead of changing it all...
Now I find that the shade that's easiest for me to maintain is a medium shade that sits between blonde and strawberry blonde (I just use a lightening spray and after a while my hair gets to the lighter blonde colour, but it blends with my roots because it's all gradual and the highlights and ombre effect look really natural).
Sounds very similar to me..!I was always hating everything natural and I can only look happy if I am a couple of shades blonder than I am. According to your features you seem like a Light spring type.I have read about it that it's a mixture or coold and warm undertones sort of like late spring (April?) gradually turning into summer.Bright spring colours seemed to be watered down like aquarelle and more pastel than classic types of spring!=)
I'm a Spring, my colouring is light and bright and I look awful in dark muted colours. Sometimes I wish I had rich colouring or dramatic colouring and could pull off those gorgeous shades of burgundy.
Same here, but we have to learn appreciate our own natural palettes..=)It's a hard work shopping for springs , because most shops sell for winter classic extravagant types like pure base colours...
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dwarfie)
Sounds very similar to me..!I was always hating everything natural and I can only look happy if I am a couple of shades blonder than I am.
Does your hair highlight really well when you lighten it a bit? I've found that my 'natural' colouring (like if you kept me indoors in Winter and my hair grew out) is dull dark blonde hair with ever so slight highlights and slightly sallow skin. But when I get some sun my hair gets really highlighty and blonde and my skin looks more alive and golden. I always get told I look ill and tired in the winter months :L

According to your features you seem like a Light spring type.I have read about it that it's a mixture or coold and warm undertones sort of like late spring (April?) gradually turning into summer.Bright spring colours seemed to be watered down like aquarelle and more pastel than classic types of spring!=)
I think I am a light spring although I thought I was too dark to be a light spring for ages- I'm light but the way it gets described is that lights springs are like etheral and golden and fair and I'm not that pale. The colour palette is actually a bit light for me as well, I do better with bolder colours. I'm definitely not a clear spring though (Spring-Winter) because my colouring isn't clear enough, and I'm not a warm-spring (spring-Autumn) because I'm not warm enough, I suit warm colours but only the yellow tinged side. One of my best colours is blue as well

Same here, but we have to learn appreciate our own natural palettes..=)It's a hard work shopping for springs , because most shops sell for winter classic extravagant types like pure base colours...
We do but I still find myself wishing I could just change things for a day, just purely out of interest. I don't think many people are satisfied 100% of the time!As I've got older I've found myself embracing my natural look a lot more and learning what suits me, finding an overall 'look' that is me.

And oh my god, isn't it! I think the Autumns and winters have it easy, all three of my housemates are Autumns (2 true autumns and a deep autumn) and they go shopping and find these lovely rich burgundies and soft camel colours. I can do some of their khakis but camel is yuck yuck yuck on me! Winters have it good too like you say, black and white and bold reds are always in. I was trying to find a new coat but they're so suited to Autumns and Winters. Eventually I found a bright yellow one though so it's all good :L Although our colouring rules the warmer months- we were made for corals and turquoises and greens
dwarfie
Rep:
?
Does your hair highlight really well when you lighten it a bit? I've found that my 'natural' colouring (like if you kept me indoors in Winter and my hair grew out) is dull dark blonde hair with ever so slight highlights and slightly sallow skin. But when I get some sun my hair gets really highlighty and blonde and my skin looks more alive and golden. I always get told I look ill and tired in the winter months :L
Yup. My hair lights up very easily with a touch of sun, but sadly it gets burnt easily too, due to its texture which is too soft and curls up a little.When I go a shade or two lighter I look like clear spring and can pull off even black colour, which is the hardest for the spring, as usually it kills it!=)
..I can only be happy with my hair when it's no longer than shoulder lenght and falls naturally with a help of hair oil and leave in hair condition(natural seabuckton hair oil and leave in conditioner which smells so ummy too.) I used to have freckles when I was younger but now my skin tone is sort of light honey shade as I got tanned during my endless bus rides to & from work on direct sunlight...I was suffering so badly with getting burnt and heat stroke..Ohuh,getting a little bit off topic.:P SO many people are so judgemental over make up but how am I supposed to surivive without it if I am being burnt so easily??Luckily, in winter I can live completely wihout make up.So yeah, I wish winter lasted longer and no city summer please....

I think I am a light spring although I thought I was too dark to be a light spring for ages- I'm light but the way it gets described is that lights springs are like etheral and golden and fair and I'm not that pale. The colour palette is actually a bit light for me as well, I do better with bolder colours. I'm definitely not a clear spring though (Spring-Winter) because my colouring isn't clear enough, and I'm not a warm-spring (spring-Autumn) because I'm not warm enough, I suit warm colours but only the yellow tinged side. One of my best colours is blue as well
Light spring is the most delicate one! So, If you are highly contrast there's a type called Bright/Contrast Spring..I think it's the only one which can have contrast between the face, hair and eye color, when colours sort of clash with each other.It's a very striking type of look.

We do but I still find myself wishing I could just change things for a day, just purely out of interest. I don't think many people are satisfied 100% of the time!As I've got older I've found myself embracing my natural look a lot more and learning what suits me, finding an overall 'look' that is me.
Nothing wrong with experiments but if they go wrong they can destroy the real natural self and it takes a hard work to bring it all back.Drama is the key!=)
I was trying to find a new coat but they're so suited to Autumns and Winters. Eventually I found a bright yellow one though so it's all good :L Although our colouring rules the warmer months- we were made for corals and turquoises and greens
So totally true!Springs are hardest to shop for, that's why I hate doing it and only do it if I am absolutely desperate..I much prefer it on-line, I found the best basics stuff and suprisingly they do them for each season's colout, so I mostly get my basics (which I live in) from teh internets lol...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
19.55%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (64)
9.55%
No I am happy with my course choice (379)
56.57%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (96)
14.33%

Watched Threads