moonswooning
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys I know hardly anything about phones but I'm looking for something to replace my iPhone 4s cause it's a bit slow and dodge now. I've found some good deals on an iPhone 5c and a Sony Xperia xa but which is generally better?
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by moonswooning)
Hey guys I know hardly anything about phones but I'm looking for something to replace my iPhone 4s cause it's a bit slow and dodge now. I've found some good deals on an iPhone 5c and a Sony Xperia xa but which is generally better?
I have moved this post to Mobile Phones.
Edot321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what's your budget we might be able to find you a better phone?
moonswooning
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edot321)
what's your budget we might be able to find you a better phone?
I guess about £150 but cheaper is better. The sony xperia is £90 and the iphone £70
claudiorafael
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don’t ask me because I’m apple biased lol
I have an iphone 8 and I love it
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Neither are particularly great choices if you want a meaningful upgrade over your 4S- the 5C is just a rehoused iPhone 5 so you're only moving up one generation, and the Xperia XA was already a relatively mediocre phone when it launched nearly two years ago.

What's your budget?
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can probably get a OnePlus 3 for that kind of money, that's barely last generation and it's a flagship level phone.
moonswooning
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gofre)
Neither are particularly great choices if you want a meaningful upgrade over your 4S- the 5C is just a rehoused iPhone 5 so you're only moving up one generation, and the Xperia XA was already a relatively mediocre phone when it launched nearly two years ago.

What's your budget?
Yeah I know they're not the best phones but I don't need a really great one, I get on fine with my 4s most the time except it can't have some apps because it can't have the latest updates and the battery is going a bit so I just need a small upgrade really.

I guess my budget is about £150 but the cheaper the better, the sony is £90 and the iphone £70
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Helloworld_95)
You can probably get a OnePlus 3 for that kind of money, that's barely last generation and it's a flagship level phone.
the oneplus phones are great from what I've heard, I'd always prefer those over sony and apple.
moonswooning
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
the oneplus phones are great from what I've heard, I'd always prefer those over sony and apple.
Okay cool, if I see one going I'll consider it!
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
how would you buy it, I can help look
moonswooning
Rep:
?
(Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
how would you buy it, I can help look
Currently I've been looking at envirofone just because it's the only second-hand phone sellers that seem to be reliable and good, I haven't really bothered to research a lot of places
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Currently I've been looking at envirofone just because it's the only second-hand phone sellers that seem to be reliable and good, I haven't really bothered to research a lot of places
true
I like that one they're great
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah I know they're not the best phones but I don't need a really great one, I get on fine with my 4s most the time except it can't have some apps because it can't have the latest updates and the battery is going a bit so I just need a small upgrade really.

I guess my budget is about £150 but the cheaper the better, the sony is £90 and the iphone £70
I'd spend the £150, buying something old, cheap and used is going to leave you as frustrated as your 4S does in no time at all. I'd go for something like the Moto G5 or E5 Plus.
Edot321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
try out this site you might get a good deal
https://www.quickmobilefix.com/
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OnePlus = Cheap but still high quality
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"Better" in what way?

I've only really used Android tbh. But personally, I'd have a play around on both and see how you get on with them.

Do you know if there are any apps you use that you can only get with Apple?
abhinair3004
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Since, you've used an iPhone you'll not be extremely comfortable with using an Android phone off the bat. I'd recommend you stick with the iPhone 5C , until and unless you plan to switch to Android altogether
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As I've always used Android bases smartphones, I'd say (even though I'm being biased here), Android seems to be the best, and I'm looking at a new Sony Xperia for next year.
arpita22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
apple iphone will be a good option for you if you want to buy a good phone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (640)
33.51%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.2%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads