The Student Room Group

What have your school been using for Chemistry grade boundary?

We did the sample paper on the AQA site last week and it looks like I have 49/100 (that's without the more detailed, "essay" style questions and the method marks for answers I got incorrect) and I am wondering what this might be in marks based on other schools. I know ours have been low in the past but can't remember exact values.
Anyone?
I doubt many, if any, schools give grade boundaries for subject, simply because it is not possible. It's really hard to judge, because that test may have been dead hard and across the country, 49-60 would be average, and so 49 would fair quite well. However, that's not the case. In our school, and probably most other schools, they just give a mark and percentage.

To compare to my class (also AQA), we had people achieving from 40/100 - 85/100 and that's all our teacher gave us. But the grade doesn't really matter right now, just focus on what you need to improve on and how to gain as many marks as possible, considering you are struggling with method marks, I'm guessing?
Original post by inoubliable
I doubt many, if any, schools give grade boundaries for subject, simply because it is not possible. It's really hard to judge, because that test may have been dead hard and across the country, 49-60 would be average, and so 49 would fair quite well. However, that's not the case. In our school, and probably most other schools, they just give a mark and percentage.

To compare to my class (also AQA), we had people achieving from 40/100 - 85/100 and that's all our teacher gave us. But the grade doesn't really matter right now, just focus on what you need to improve on and how to gain as many marks as possible, considering you are struggling with method marks, I'm guessing?

Not really method marks, it's just hard to remember my method when I check the mark scheme at home after the exam so I might have got more than 49.
Original post by Goldfish4343
Not really method marks, it's just hard to remember my method when I check the mark scheme at home after the exam so I might have got more than 49.

ah right, i get you. did you do the 2018 specimen paper?
ah right, i get you. did you do the 2018 specimen paper?
I think so. It's the one you can easily get to on the AQA chemistry website.
I think so. It's the one you can easily get to on the AQA chemistry website.

Same for us. Some pretty awful questions in there to be honest.
Same for us. Some pretty awful questions in there to be honest.

I think Biology was worse. It had more really random questions like the last one. That was just strange that we are meant to know that.
I think Biology was worse. It had more really random questions like the last one. That was just strange that we are meant to know that.

pregnancy test one?

Quick Reply

Latest