ohheyimharriet
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you have any experience of Bath Spa, would you say overall that the university was good or bad for you?
camsil
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Great uni, lovely campus located just outside Bath in the countryside; the majority of buildings have just been built in the last few years so it's a very modern uni; the lecturers are very knowledgable with lots of industry practise and the different types accommodation that the uni offers are some of the best in the country (they have on-campus and city accommodation).

Any questions, feel free to ask.
ohheyimharriet
Rep:
?
(Original post by camsil)
Great uni, lovely campus located just outside Bath in the countryside; the majority of buildings have just been built in the last few years so it's a very modern uni; the lecturers are very knowledgable with lots of industry practise and the different types accommodation that the uni offers are some of the best in the country (they have on-campus and city accommodation).

Thank you for replying - what course do you study? Do you have any experience with the music/English facilities?
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by camsil)

What's the city life like? Is it culturally diverse?
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I graduated Bath Spa in 2016 in Psychology. It is a beautiful campus, beautiful city and I loved my life in Bath- wouldn't change a thing. The negative points would be that their admin is atrocious- seems like they have no idea what their students are doing and when... My friend required extra time for exams, which was confirmed... Day of exam, they didn't have a room or moderator for her... Another who went on erasmus only to be emailed saying she hadn't turned in her coursework or turned up to any of the lectures because they still had her signed up for all the modules (not sure how that even happened). I received some letters about poor attendance when I had been to every single lecture and seminar available in my second year... I also had a lecture clash, so I had to miss the first hour of a 2 hour lecture every Friday for a year (that was in my first year so unrelated).

It also depends on what course you want to do- it is wonderful for creative subjects and I've heard pretty good for business too. It doesn't have the best rep for psychology but I'm doing my MSc at UCL now so Bath Spa's rep doesn't really matter!
ohheyimharriet
Rep:
?
(Original post by beccagood95)
I graduated Bath Spa in 2016 in Psychology. It is a beautiful campus, beautiful city and I loved my life in Bath- wouldn't change a thing. The negative points would be that their admin is atrocious- seems like they have no idea what their students are doing and when... My friend required extra time for exams, which was confirmed... Day of exam, they didn't have a room or moderator for her... Another who went on erasmus only to be emailed saying she hadn't turned in her coursework or turned up to any of the lectures because they still had her signed up for all the modules (not sure how that even happened). I received some letters about poor attendance when I had been to every single lecture and seminar available in my second year... I also had a lecture clash, so I had to miss the first hour of a 2 hour lecture every Friday for a year (that was in my first year so unrelated).

It also depends on what course you want to do- it is wonderful for creative subjects and I've heard pretty good for business too. It doesn't have the best rep for psychology but I'm doing my MSc at UCL now so Bath Spa's rep doesn't really matter!
Thank you - that is very helpful. I wish you luck with your MSc!
beccagood95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by 0lut0)
What's the city life like? Is it culturally diverse?
The universities there are pretty culturally diverse, however, if you look at the residents, it's pretty much just rich, middle aged white people, tourists and hipsters. If you want cultural diversity, Bristol is a short train journey away! I mean, Za Za Bazaar alone is worth the trip, I would actually make the 2 1/2 car trip just to go there :drool:
camsil
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ohheyimharriet)
Thank you for replying - what course do you study? Do you have any experience with the music/English facilities?
I'm studying business and management but one of my flatmates are studying commercial music, I believe, and it is a very good course.
camsil
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by beccagood95)
The universities there are pretty culturally diverse, however, if you look at the residents, it's pretty much just rich, middle aged white people, tourists and hipsters. If you want cultural diversity, Bristol is a short train journey away! I mean, Za Za Bazaar alone is worth the trip, I would actually make the 2 1/2 car trip just to go there :drool:
Yeah, I would agree with that.
thebrokentripod
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, I absolutely love the uni! you get a bit of everything with the uni, you get modern, old, chilled, busy (bath/Bristol). If you are looking for a university where you can be yourself without feeling like you have to act up to impress then bath spa is for you! As it is a fairly small uni in terms of numbers it great as the tutors know you personally and usually have a lot of time if you have issues or need help with the projects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.52%
I don't have everything I need (350)
43.48%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise