The Student Room Group

School is open tomorrow and they won’t grit the paths

It’s the SAME every year. The bus stops right outside the school and we get off straight onto the pavement. It is pure ice and almost impossible to get from the bus to the fence. We then have to go down a small but steep slope into the school gates. They will not grit it and it is dangerous. I wear my timberland boots and I still slip on it. Last year I slipped and cut my leg on the bus steps. The year before I slipped and hurt my wrist. And I can’t deal with slipping in front of everyone see, It makes me feel physically sick all day. Would the school class it as unorthorised if I didn’t go in or if I went in later? Also, where I live it’s about a foot of snow but it’s just a few center meters where the school is.
(edited 6 years ago)
Snowflake alert
Reply 2
Original post by wiseguy99
Snowflake alert

👍👍
Reply 3
Original post by Meg846
It’s the sandbox every year. The bus stops right outside the school and we get off straight onto the pavement. It is pure ice and almost impossible to get from the bus to the fence. We then have to go down a small but steep slope into the school gates. They will not grit it and it is dangerous. I wear my timberland boots and I still slip on it. Last year I slipped and cut my leg on the bus steps. The year before I slipped and hurt my wrist. And I can’t deal with slipping in front of everyone see, It makes me feel physically sick all day. Would the school class it as unorthorised if I didn’t go in or if I went in later? Also, where I live it’s about a foot of snow but it’s just a few center meters where the school is.

Well if it's outside school grounds there's nothing they can do about it. Same as they couldn't come grit your driveway for you- it's not theirs to grit. You can ask if you haven't already, but their hands are most likely tied.
If you want something done I suggest you ask the council if they could do anything or get your hands on some grit yourself.

You could ask school about letting you off, but I expect they will tell you to stop winging and deal with it like everybody else.

It's an unfortunate situation, especially where you have hurt yourself before, but there's not much school can do about it.

Quick Reply

Latest