The Student Room Group

University

I am yet to apply to any university and I am worried I missed out my chance , I am doing my A levels + I will take the winter exam course with the summer , so what should I do
Moved your post to the general forum for uni applications where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:
Original post by Sara Yasin
I am yet to apply to any university and I am worried I missed out my chance , I am doing my A levels + I will take the winter exam course with the summer , so what should I do

Are you on track to get your application in by the January 15 deadline?
Reply 3
Original post by Interrobang
Moved your post to the general forum for uni applications where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Are you on track to get your application in by the January 15 deadline?

No 😞
Reply 5
Well, deadline is January 15th, so either get it in before that or get it in as soon as you can after but know that you may not be given equal consideration.

You could always take a year out and apply next year.
No 😞

DO you know roughly which courses and universities you want to apply to?

A lot of universities stay open to applications after the deadline for some courses.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
DO you know roughly which courses and universities you want to apply to?

A lot of universities stay open to applications after the deadline for some courses.

Yes I have two in mind but the thing is they want the certificates and I only got my igcse
Yes I have two in mind but the thing is they want the certificates and I only got my igcse

Most applicants apply for UK universities before they have their A level grades.

Universities will look at your existing qualifications and your predicted grades, personal statement and reference and decide whether to make you a conditional offer or not.
Reply 9
About the personal statement and reference, I just transferred so I don’t think they will give me one
About the personal statement and reference, I just transferred so I don’t think they will give me one

You can always apply after you've finished your A levels for entry after a gap year :smile:
Original post by PQ
You can always apply after you've finished your A levels for entry after a gap year :smile:

The thing is my parents are against the gap year idea and were told that I can join in the second semester, don’t know if that’s fine though
The thing is my parents are against the gap year idea and were told that I can join in the second semester, don’t know if that’s fine though

If you're talking about january starts then they're very unusual for UK undergraduate courses. If you chose that route then you will severely limit your options.
That’s what I am trying o avoid

Quick Reply

Latest