Sara Yasin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am yet to apply to any university and I am worried I missed out my chance , I am doing my A levels + I will take the winter exam course with the summer , so what should I do
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Moved your post to the general forum for uni applications where you're more likely to get an answer
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Sara Yasin)
I am yet to apply to any university and I am worried I missed out my chance , I am doing my A levels + I will take the winter exam course with the summer , so what should I do
Are you on track to get your application in by the January 15 deadline?
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
Moved your post to the general forum for uni applications where you're more likely to get an answer
Thanks!
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Are you on track to get your application in by the January 15 deadline?
No 😞
LRxS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well, deadline is January 15th, so either get it in before that or get it in as soon as you can after but know that you may not be given equal consideration.

You could always take a year out and apply next year.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No 😞
DO you know roughly which courses and universities you want to apply to?

A lot of universities stay open to applications after the deadline for some courses.
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
DO you know roughly which courses and universities you want to apply to?

A lot of universities stay open to applications after the deadline for some courses.
Yes I have two in mind but the thing is they want the certificates and I only got my igcse
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes I have two in mind but the thing is they want the certificates and I only got my igcse
Most applicants apply for UK universities before they have their A level grades.

Universities will look at your existing qualifications and your predicted grades, personal statement and reference and decide whether to make you a conditional offer or not.
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
About the personal statement and reference, I just transferred so I don’t think they will give me one
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
About the personal statement and reference, I just transferred so I don’t think they will give me one
You can always apply after you've finished your A levels for entry after a gap year
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can always apply after you've finished your A levels for entry after a gap year
The thing is my parents are against the gap year idea and were told that I can join in the second semester, don’t know if that’s fine though
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The thing is my parents are against the gap year idea and were told that I can join in the second semester, don’t know if that’s fine though
If you're talking about january starts then they're very unusual for UK undergraduate courses. If you chose that route then you will severely limit your options.
Sara Yasin
Rep:
?
That’s what I am trying o avoid
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (276)
56.44%
I don't have everything I need (213)
43.56%

Watched Threads