The Student Room Group

With God, can we have two conflicting beliefs ??? big bang/evolution

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In theory, God is eternal and therefore was never created but just always there.
Reply 41
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
the only defensible move is to throw out your God.

No. The bible has never been disproved. Why, because it is the word of God. Do you not think that man would have loved to be rid of the word of God? Well they haven't been able to, because God will not let His people be without the truth of Him.

Whereas the big bang and evolution are beliefs which have been engineered into society over the last two centuries, by maliciously adding them in to the education systems. So we have been effectively born in to a lie.

Listen SLF, you don't have to believe in God or God's creation. You can believe in Satan' creation. Nobody is going to stop you believing in that, but everyone is entitled to choose which belief system they want to believe in/ That might not fit in with your beliefs but that's just tough i'm afraid mate.

Look at these beliefs as the two sides of a ladder, one side of the ladder is the truth of God which goes all the way to the top, whilst the other side of the ladder is a snake, which does not go to the top and by which we slide down to hell. The rounds upon which we stand mean we can go from one side of the ladder to the other at any time before God's appointed time. But only the side which goes to the top is the eternal side, it's the correct side to be on and you're not on that side at the moment SLR.
Original post by eleo.la
In theory, God is eternal and therefore was never created but just always there.

There needs to be some rationale behind why that excuse can apply to an enormously complex entity but not a simple clump of inert matter.
Original post by Drummond
Of course we can not. Everything written in God's word must stand as absolute truth. To believe otherwise is to call God a liar.

The Biblical Creation is Gods Creation!

The big bang and evolution are Satan's creation!

You are mislead Drummond, or more rightly, you are ignorant of the true meaning of the words in the Bible. Poster Black1blade was 100% correct when he said to you:

"maybe your literal interpretation of the bible is incorrect and there are meant to be more metaphorical interpretations?"

Like many others your mind has been deliberately steered down one way of thinking, towards one interpretation, a literal translation of the Bible.

If you have ears to hear then listen well . . . the Bible IS NOT meant to be read literally. It is incorrect to take anything literally from it. The stories, accounts are allegorical, cryptic and in some cases completely encoded.

Don't take my word for this, go and see for yourself.

Let me start by telling you that the book of Genesis IS NOT describing the creation of the universe. Got that ? Absolutely, totally 100% NOT talking about the Creation.

Thus every theory and belief you have harboured using that as a foundation, is in fact a fallacy and is incorrect.

Please read my posts in this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5021724

It won't take you long.

You will see beyond any doubt that the book of Genesis is describing the simple alchemical process for creating the Elixir Of Life, the Philosopher's Stone. A creation of a kind I grant you, but certainly not the creation of the universe.

The Philosopher's Stone is a product of Nature. Nature creates it through her natural processes. The alchemist can speed up the process by providing perfect environments for the Stone to grow and mature.

Please read my posts in that thread and you will understand. There are literally 100s of documents, tracts, scripts and treatises spanning 100s of years that all describe the Philosopher's Stone and the Bible is just another. All accounts of it are written allegorically and cryptically so that "ordinary" people would not see it.

The Bible is NOT meant to be read literally. Doing so is foolish in the extreme.

ATB
There is no universe. Its a deception, a false belief system. When evolution falls, the big bang falls with it and when the big bang falls then evolution falls. They stand together as two deceptions in one.

They are actually pretty much totally unrelated...
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
You are mislead Drummond, or more rightly, you are ignorant of the true meaning of the words in the Bible. Poster Black1blade was 100% correct when he said to you:

"maybe your literal interpretation of the bible is incorrect and there are meant to be more metaphorical interpretations?"

Like many others your mind has been deliberately steered down one way of thinking, towards one interpretation, a literal translation of the Bible.

If you have ears to hear then listen well . . . the Bible IS NOT meant to be read literally. It is incorrect to take anything literally from it. The stories, accounts are allegorical, cryptic and in some cases completely encoded.

Don't take my word for this, go and see for yourself.

Let me start by telling you that the book of Genesis IS NOT describing the creation of the universe. Got that ? Absolutely, totally 100% NOT talking about the Creation.

Thus every theory and belief you have harboured using that as a foundation, is in fact a fallacy and is incorrect.

Please read my posts in this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5021724

It won't take you long.

You will see beyond any doubt that the book of Genesis is describing the simple alchemical process for creating the Elixir Of Life, the Philosopher's Stone. A creation of a kind I grant you, but certainly not the creation of the universe.

The Philosopher's Stone is a product of Nature. Nature creates it through her natural processes. The alchemist can speed up the process by providing perfect environments for the Stone to grow and mature.

Please read my posts in that thread and you will understand. There are literally 100s of documents, tracts, scripts and treatises spanning 100s of years that all describe the Philosopher's Stone and the Bible is just another. All accounts of it are written allegorically and cryptically so that "ordinary" people would not see it.

The Bible is NOT meant to be read literally. Doing so is foolish in the extreme.

ATB

I know you agreed with me but I don't know how seriously I can take someone who thinks alchemy and philosophers stones are real- we don't live in FMA! XD.
Reply 46
Original post by Golden State
. Faith is subjective, and not based on an absolute truth.

We'll deal with what faith is in another thread if that's okay mate? I know that its linked to our beliefs, but what faith is and what it means, is important and needs addressing separately.
Is this thread also going to end with you just no longer posting because you lost the argument?
Original post by black1blade
I know you agreed with me but I don't know how seriously I can take someone who thinks alchemy and philosophers stones are real- we don't live in FMA! XD.

lol b1b

You miss the point though. Whether or not one believes in the Stone is irrelevant here.

The point is, that any rational and honest mind, once the facts have been revealed, can not deny that the Bible in Genesis and many other places IS 100% referring to the Stone.

Whether it exists today or not is a different issue.

What matters is that we understand that the Bible text is allegorical, not literal and this is one example of that.
No. The bible has never been disproved. Why, because it is the word of God. Do you not think that man would have loved to be rid of the word of God? Well they haven't been able to, because God will not let His people be without the truth of Him.

Whereas the big bang and evolution are beliefs which have been engineered into society over the last two centuries, by maliciously adding them in to the education systems. So we have been effectively born in to a lie.

Listen SLF, you don't have to believe in God or God's creation. You can believe in Satan' creation. Nobody is going to stop you believing in that, but everyone is entitled to choose which belief system they want to believe in/ That might not fit in with your beliefs but that's just tough i'm afraid mate.

Look at these beliefs as the two sides of a ladder, one side of the ladder is the truth of God which goes all the way to the top, whilst the other side of the ladder is a snake, which does not go to the top and by which we slide down to hell. The rounds upon which we stand mean we can go from one side of the ladder to the other at any time before God's appointed time. But only the side which goes to the top is the eternal side, it's the correct side to be on and you're not on that side at the moment SLR.

Teaching well founded science is not malicious. As I said, a pantheon of deities or a single deity are compatible with evolution (focuses on the diversity of life, says nothing about how life began) or the Big Bang (basic - rapid expansion of a singularity, says nothing about the creation of that singularity). But, if you're insistent that they are incompatible then you have to be honest - the weight of evidence behind both evolution and the Big Bang is overwhelming - ignoring masses of evidence because it doesn't suit your beliefs is dishonest.

Spare me the evangelicalism, I'm pretty happy with my position even if a deity or group of deities exist (either god(s) values living a good life above faith, and I'm doing the best I can, or they don't and I can't respect that anyway)
Reply 50
Original post by Pigster
Is this thread also going to end with you just no longer posting because you lost the argument?

Who me Pigster? I can't lose the discussion, that's impossible. Remember, i don't need to win it with you, as you do not need to win it with me, because we are decided. Well i am anyways.
I am no expert on where things are said in the Bible, however I am quite sure that there is a part where Abraham asks God to explain how the world was created, but God said that Abraham would not be able to comprehend, because he is a person, and not God. This has founded my belief that most of the Bible is to be taken more liberally; that things did not necessarily happen exactly as it says, but that the stories, like the parables Jesus told, are 'easier to understand' representations.
THIS STATEMENT IS TRUE.

Well it must be, for it is written down.

I have even seen it on a webpage from about three years ago.

Which is a long time ago.

So that must REALLY mean it is true.

And therefore anything else I add must also be the TRUTH.

etc. etc. etc.
I guess you could think that God caused the big bang theory, and then the creation story is maybe about our solar system? Or maybe God caused the big bang theory, and the creation story is more about morals and how people should behave and stuff. I don't think it's really lying if it was a story told by God to make a point about morals, the ethical truth would still be, y'know, true.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If everything in the Bible is literally true, correct, and moral, then how many adulterers have you stoned today, and have you offered the correct sacrifices to atone for the fact that your clothing contains multiple kinds of fabric?

In reply to the last part, when Jesus came and died on the cross that was done so that all the sacrifices and stoning and whatever else happened before he died wouldn't have to happen afterwards. If we sin and are truly sorry for our sins and willing to do better then yeah you can pray and God will forgive you of your sins. There is absolutely no need to go stoning people or judging others or cussing about what fabric you have on. Anyways if you were to fully study the bible and go through the history and correspond it to the history we are taught in schools, then all of that match up, everything else you need to have faith which for a lot of people in today's society is a tough thing for them to have and also with plenty of other theories being presented it's for them to go through and decide what they want to believe.
Reply 55
Original post by Huw M Thomas
You can only do what you predetermined to do. If you have eternal life then you will understand the things taught by the Eternal Spirit. Otherwise that which is born of the flesh is flesh and does not receive nor trust that which the Spirit teaches.

Our life may be predetermined with God, but for us, it is a choice. We are not God and if He is not being lazy then nor should we.
Reply 56
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I'm doing the best I can

Well that's good to hear, i hope God sees it the same way as you.
Reply 57
If everything in the bible is to be taken as absolute truth then God cannot exist. All loving would mean there would be no suffering however we all know this isn’t the case. To make the argument he is unaware of this shows he is not all knowing and so on. To believe the bible word for word is ludicrous and frankly rather ignorant. As a guide for behaviour sure but to the extremes of taking all of it as fact is laughable
Reply 58
Original post by Huw M Thomas
You haven't got a clue.

God shall determine that.
Original post by JackFin
If everything in the bible is to be taken as absolute truth then God cannot exist. All loving would mean there would be no suffering however we all know this isn’t the case. To make the argument he is unaware of this shows he is not all knowing and so on. To believe the bible word for word is ludicrous and frankly rather ignorant. As a guide for behaviour sure but to the extremes of taking all of it as fact is laughable

100% correct.

OP is being foolish, blinded by piousness. A literal interpretation of the Bible is childish, immature, and akin to believing in Santa Claus. The accounts and stories do not stack up or stand up to even the most basic rational analysis. And the reason for that is that the accounts in the Bible are allegorical. There are truths within, but they can not be gleaned from a literal translation.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending