Why do people film people in danger but not help? Watch

username775001
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
why do people record people in danger on mobile phones instead of helping them? usual examples are fights, but also that time was terrorist with a knife on tube station, or videos were someone jumps in thames, ppl trapped in cars all kinds of examples
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Good question.

Possibly because they want that attention on social media for when they post it and it goes viral?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Amullai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because a lot of people are complete idiots that don't understand the situation in front of them.
TeenPolyglot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Some people do indeed want to just get a bit of attention, but there is often a genuine use for it. Some people are too fearful to go and help - which makes perfect sense in instances like terrorism and things -, and recording it can help others in the aftermath, or can be used to give evidence to the police.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username3590460
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What makes it even more sad is when the person recording would say “stop, stop hitting her” and not do anything to stop their friend.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That happened to my mum yesterday. She was in a car accident and people took pics/vids instead of rushing over to help her. Thankfully, a few nice people ran out of a shop to help her. All people seem to care about nowadays is social media and attention rather than humanity.
Amullai
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TeenPolyglot)
Some people do indeed want to just get a bit of attention, but there is often a genuine use for it. Some people are too fearful to go and help - which makes perfect sense in instances like terrorism and things -, and recording it can help others in the aftermath, or can be used to give evidence to the police.
Whilst this is true they are risking their lives.
Unknown-99
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Because people are f****** stupid and are obsessed with getting "likes" on their meaningless social media accounts. I've read stories where people have spotted bears from distance in America and instead of walking away they walked closer to get a video and ended up being mauled to death.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.17%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.77%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
19.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
15.17%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.05%
How can I be the best version of myself? (116)
29.82%

Watched Threads