The Student Room Group

Maths (trig) question help! (A level/HND)

Stuck on these questions! No triangle or anything given so not sure what they mean?

1)
Evaluate cot h 0.37

2)
Expand cosec h x in term of exponential form?
Original post by abbibott99
Stuck on these questions! No triangle or anything given so not sure what they mean?

1)
Evaluate cot h 0.37

2)

Hi, I've moved your thread to the maths forum, where you'll hopefully get some help.

1)
Evaluate cot h 0.37

2)

Take care when answering this, I think you're confused with the questions because you are thinking of cot and cosec which are trigonometric but the questions you are faced with are hyperbolic

1)Cothx = coshx/sinhx so you can use the exponential definitions of sinh and cosh to evaluate the first problem

2) Cosechx = 1/sinhx again use the exponential definition of sinh x to write cosechx using exponentials
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3

1)
Evaluate cot h 0.37

2)

Do you understand that the functions in the question are not trigonometric but hyperbolic?
Reply 4
It’s for my boyfriend. I have no clue what it’s on about but we’ve been sat trying to figure it out for ages. Just hoped someone would send exactly how to do it
Reply 5
It’s for my boyfriend. I have no clue what it’s on about but we’ve been sat trying to figure it out for ages. Just hoped someone would send exactly how to do it

Part of the rules of this forum require that no one post full solutions unless it's a last resort. I think it's better to get your boyfriend on here so we can see how he's approaching this problem and where he's stuck.

Quick Reply

Latest