Would you rather have a male officer or a female officer?

Watch
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If you called the police at the scene of a crime and the crime was still taking place would you rather have a male officer come to the scene or a female officer come to the scene? I am not encouraging sexism in anyway, just want some interesting responses and opinions.
Texxers
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Male... Duhh...
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Somebody who can get the job done...duhh??
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The RAR)
If you called the police at the scene of a crime and the crime was still taking place would you rather have a male officer come to the scene or a female officer come to the scene? I am not encouraging sexism in anyway, just want some interesting responses and opinions.
Female when I need someone to calm everything down & stop everyone killing each other, and male when I need someone to come in 'all guns blazing' John McClane style.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't care as long as they can do the job. Females can be just as good as males there is no reason to have a preference.
username1628823
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Somebody who can do their job properly.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would rather have a skilled officer.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd rather not involve the bizzies.
Kindred
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Either as long as they do what they need to do. If they have a car with flashy blue lights and a high vis I'm gunna assume they've earned it.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be surprised if I ended up feeling more comforted by the presence of a male officer simply cos I have a big brother and the only cop I've known was male. I assume on some level I would trust a male cop more from association with being protected by big bro and knowing a decent guy who's a cop. Not had the same experience with women (I wouldn't exactly expect my mum to stand up to thugs or chase after theifs) so there's not that same subconscious link.
Foggel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Female , so they can strip search me
Anonymous12340
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This thread seems sexist!
Bored123456789
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Police women are often hot, so there's that.
Troska
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Male
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I couldn't give two ***** if a crime was going on.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
as long as they know one end of a Taser™ from the other i'm fine with their chromosomal profile.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Why not put a poll up with 5 categories based on responder and preference.

Why would it make any difference. They are professionals. It wouldnt make any difference to me. Gender would be irrelevant. I can see why some might prefer a woman in certain circumstances.
applesforme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You didnt specify what kind of crime...but I'm going to assume a violent kind of crime involving men..so in that case I would def prefer a male officer. You need someone intimidating who can restrain the violent assailant. Female officers are very important, especially in crimes involving sexual assualt on a woman or a crime involving a child. But when you need aggression and intimidation, I don't think a female officer can do that as well as a man. Sorry to the libtards, I am a realist.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Male officer

I once witnessed a lone female police officer have to get on the radio and request backup because a 60 year old man in a wheelchair started getting the better of her [she was trying to restrain his arms but he was too strong for her and kept aggressively shoving her away]

I made a topic about it on a forum asking if women should be police officers if they cannot handle old men in wheel chairs and feminist moderators deleted my topic and gave me warnings for being sexist.......
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Male officer

I once witnessed a lone female police officer have to get on the radio and request backup because a 60 year old man in a wheelchair started getting the better of her [she was trying to restrain his arms but he was too strong for her and kept aggressively shoving her away]

I made a topic about it on a forum asking if women should be police officers if they cannot handle old men in wheel chairs and feminist moderators deleted my topic and gave me warnings for being sexist.......
The problem is one female officer fails, you instantly decide all female officers are rubbish. That's sexist. A male office fails, but you don't go and decide all male officers are rubbish. That's sexist.

There are female officers who'd hand your @ss to you. I want these [email protected] women and [email protected] men on the streets protecting me to the crazies out there. In the end, gender doesn't matter. It's whether the person (gender irrelevant) can do the job.
AbsoluteMadlad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anybody competent, which is rare enough these days
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
56.03%
I don't have everything I need (255)
43.97%

Watched Threads