Anyone looking for housemates for Sep 2018 yet? Watch

David888
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just putting this up for anyone like my daughter who has already been thinking about next year but hasn't clumped into a particular housing group yet.

We went to an information day last year in Manchester when one of the second year students said how she got worried about housing groups quite early in the year, but met a load of housemates through a group thing online, and ended up having the best time. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was - Student Room/ Facebook page etc. so if this is the wrong place to start the ball rolling, please do point in the right direction!

If this thread is any use, perhaps it would be helpful to say things like your course/interests, and any preference for how many people or which area you would like to live in.

Edit - more links provided by Paul at the helpful online chat service

[email protected] (accommodation advice)
http://www.qub.ac.uk/accommodation/ (new accommodation)
https://www.nihestudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation (general student accommodation site for NI but there is a chat bit where you can ask for housemates).
Queen's University Belfast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by David888)
Just putting this up for anyone like my daughter who has already been thinking about next year but hasn't clumped into a particular housing group yet.

We went to an information day last year in Manchester when one of the second year students said how she got worried about housing groups quite early in the year, but met a load of housemates through a group thing online, and ended up having the best time. Unfortunately I can't remember what it was - Student Room/ Facebook page etc. so if this is the wrong place to start the ball rolling, please do point in the right direction!

If this thread is any use, perhaps it would be helpful to say things like your course/interests, and any preference for how many people or which area you would like to live in.

Hi again David!

You can find information about the online group mentioned and a link to it here.

I hope this helps!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
David888
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thanks Kachela! I have replied to you in the ask us anything thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (15)
9.8%
Disagree (10)
6.54%
Neither agree or disagree (50)
32.68%
Agree (58)
37.91%
Strongly Agree (20)
13.07%

Watched Threads