Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the worst mark you've ever received in an exam? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    A lot of us are quite proud on TSR, and like to show off the amazing marks we get, but it's more fun to say what embarrassing marks we've received (unless you're all as perfect as it seems, inb4 90%) :lol:

Can be any sort of exam, not necessarily one in school/college/university

Mine was a U in an AS Chemistry exam. Did no revision as I was stubborn and hated it
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Got 4% once. Don't want to talk about it

ReputationRep:
    My computer science mock I got 3/80

ReputationRep:
    D in an AS Geography skills exam 😂 Had never had below an A before that, never have after... lmao
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    U in AS Critical Thinking.

Doesn't even count towards anything because many unis don't accept it anyway :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    In an official exam, a D in Spanish listening GCSE. In all exams or tests, I got 0% in my Year 2 spelling test. I’m still salty over it - I even remember the types of word.

It was words like beautiful - words ending in ful.

I spelt them all like beautifull. Anyway, that was 12 years ago and I still remember. I need to let it go.

ReputationRep:
    Got a U in AS Further Maths hated it, but couldn't admit to myself that I didn't understand it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    A in GCSE german, wanted to kill myself because it wasn't an A*! My daddy also said I wouldn't get into Oxford now And I didn't get my fathers real estate lands because I failed in life..

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 Us

ReputationRep:
    In my end of year 10 maths mock I got 2/80... Could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    6/55 in AS Maths....and it was supposed to be my strongest subject x-x

ReputationRep:
    Got a U in C2 and S2 my first year of A-Levels, then changed subjects completely (re did year 12 to do this) cuz i hated them all SOOO much 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    Mine was a U in an AS Chemistry exam. Did no revision as I was stubborn and hated it
    Saaaaaaaame

ReputationRep:
    i got a U for my A-Level phsycis exam! safe to say i dropped it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

Doesn't even count towards anything because many unis don't accept it anyway :rofl:
    Loool critical thinking is the most pointless subject ever ffs. My worst mark was probs 4/30 for a performing mock exam back in GCSE Music lmaoo, just hit random notes on the piano
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Got 4% once. Don't want to talk about it
    You have to tell us the subject at least

I got 15/55 in a chemistry test last month...although I believe the average was something like 18 so really it wasn't that bad...
    22/60 in my B1 mock in year 11 was another one that wasn't great.
    Oh and my 27/40 in my French sounds great...until you realise it was foundation and was an E

tbh usually I can guess enough to sneak into double figures as you pick up some knowledge without even trying when you are just in every lesson, and when you're a crammer you have to become good at guessing :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    In a real exam, I got a very low C in my GCSE English Lit Poetry exam (got a B overall though )

In mock exams, I got the pre-GCSE equivalent of a U in my Y9 history exam :lol: dreadful subject. I also got 0/24 in a GCSE English Language mock, 7/60 in some Physics mock I did in Y12, and I got either an E or a U in my M2 mock exam for Further Maths last week :getmecoat:

Oh and if we’re including non-exam components, I got an E in my GCSE PE Practical :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    Talk to me about it in detail.
    It was a module I was doing that wasn't directly related to my course. I reverse snowballed all the way to 4% - really horrible. It didn't affect my final grade luckily.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    It was a module I was doing that wasn't directly related to my course. I reverse snowballed all the way to 4% - really horrible. It didn't affect my final grade luckily.
    Was it mathematical? 👀
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by UWS)

I got an E in General Studies (how lol) but I felt the same as my unis didn't accept it!
    (Original post by Khad11)
    Saaaaaaaame
    Wooo :five:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.