Nasahtahir
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Absolutely devastated. I was so frikken confident. The course I applied for is not even that competitive I have no idea what went wrong.
MSc Global MiM
I have a 2:1 around 66-67% in Accounting especially being an international student who did his undergrad from Brunel University London I honestly thought it was an easy shot. I did not even apply for a scholarship.. I have no clue what I am going to do now.. Funny part is they rejected me within 3 weeks. WOW
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
LSE has very high expectations and are crazy so dont worry if you got rejected , it doesnt mean you werent good enough there is ALOT of competition
Nasahtahir
Rep:
?
(Original post by qam)
LSE has very high expectations and are crazy so dont worry if you got rejected , it doesnt mean you werent good enough there is ALOT of competition
Appreciate it.
username3653428
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Nasahtahir)
Absolutely devastated. I was so frikken confident. The course I applied for is not even that competitive I have no idea what went wrong.
MSc Global MiM
I have a 2:1 around 66-67% in Accounting especially being an international student who did his undergrad from Brunel University London I honestly thought it was an easy shot. I did not even apply for a scholarship.. I have no clue what I am going to do now.. Funny part is they rejected me within 3 weeks. WOW
Being probably the cream of the cream in terms of social science learning, I tend to believe that the LSE gives a lot of importance to the personal statement. I think they look for uncommon profiles. It is not hard for them to find people with various experience and good academic results, however, it is way more difficult to find people who have different experiences of life and who are smart.
Nasahtahir
Rep:
?
(Original post by adamdtp123456789)
Being probably the cream of the cream in terms of social science learning, I tend to believe that the LSE gives a lot of importance to the personal statement. I think they look for uncommon profiles. It is not hard for them to find people with various experience and good academic results, however, it is way more difficult to find people who have different experiences of life and who are smart.
I just checked so I applied on the 1st. They rejected me yesterday barely 10 days? I have a solid profile what went wrong? Having a UK undergrad they waived of that GRE/GMAT requirement. Oh man!
username3570632
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MSc Global MiM
Apply to Oxford, get into Oxford and then message LSE and say "fck you, I got into Oxford"
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The Global MiM is more competitive than the MiM. I think it is made up of mostly grads with 1st Class. Honestly, it may not be good, for your own sanity and confidence, to be amongst such a cohort. Less enjoyable and too much pressure. Choose another university .... try LBS MiM ... much better rep.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MSc Global MiM
This reckless attitude , overconfidence and a 2.1. That is what did for you. I haven't looked but I am guessing they say entry requirements minimum 2.1.
Fisse
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GandalfWhite)
The Global MiM is more competitive than the MiM.
No, this is not true. The MiM has significantly more applicants per spot, than what does the Global Mim.
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fisse)
No, this is not true. The MiM has significantly more applicants per spot, than what does the Global Mim.
I have miscommunicated. What I meant is not in number of applicants but in the acceptance criteria of the accepted applicants. Due to the exchange program with Chicago's Booth and other Ivy League universities, this program aims for a different class of graduates. Almost all, if not all, of the BSc Management graduates who get admitted to the Global MiM are 1st Class Honour graduates.
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
MSc Global MiM
I’m so sorry to hear that and I completely understand your situation as I used to get rejected by Warwick UCL Edinburgh before getting offer from LSE and invitation to interview in January from Oxford.

But my situation was worse than yours in that these 3 uni rejected me immediately after a few days of application just because my 3-year degree didn’t match their standard. They didn’t even spend time looking at my overall grades, references, motivation letter, GRE scores.

I’m certainly sure that you will be able to attend find university which you will have the most enjoyable experiences. Also you can add second choice to LSE application or reinstate which I’m sure you still have great chances ^_^
Nasahtahir
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
This reckless attitude , overconfidence and a 2.1. That is what did for you. I haven't looked but I am guessing they say entry requirements minimum 2.1.
I hear you man. Got a little cocky.
Nasahtahir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nathan9087)
I’m so sorry to hear that and I completely understand your situation as I used to get rejected by Warwick UCL Edinburgh before getting offer from LSE and invitation to interview in January from Oxford.

But my situation was worse than yours in that these 3 uni rejected me immediately after a few days of application just because my 3-year degree didn’t match their standard. They didn’t even spend time looking at my overall grades, references, motivation letter, GRE scores.

I’m certainly sure that you will be able to attend find university which you will have the most enjoyable experiences. Also you can add second choice to LSE application or reinstate which I’m sure you still have great chances ^_^
Thanks a lot man. I got in Columbia so US it is.
No second choice really, this was the only programme I was interested in.
Good luck to you hopefully you WILL GET IN OXFORD as well!
jpt4749
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks a lot man. I got in Columbia so US it is.
No second choice really, this was the only programme I was interested in.
Good luck to you hopefully you WILL GET IN OXFORD as well!
Congratulations !!

Columbia is one of Ivy League and Obama used to study here that is very great for your future ^_^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (566)
34.24%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.14%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.54%

Watched Threads