Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The snow is beautiful but it's made it colder and I'm stuck at home because it's icy everywhere. I'm expected to go uni tomorrow but I doubt I'll go in and tutors have said if it's not safe to travel then don't. I haven't been outside to see if it's safe to travel. I'd have to catch the bus and the bus service in my area is already rubbish, sometimes I be waiting an hour for the bus and because of the snow it will be worse.

It's the last session before the christmas break next week. I don't want to risk taking the bus, I'm worried the bus service will stop and how would I get home? It will take hours to walk home with ice everywhere. I don't think it is safe. What do you think? Should I go to uni tomorrow or leave it?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If it's going to be difficult, missing one day won't hurt. And there's nothing stopping you doing a bit of reading around what you would have been learning if it'd make you feel better! But honestly, I'd just have a nice day off :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you've already made your mind up tbh. But why do the buses not follow a timetable in your area?! I live in a tiny village where we only have one bus a day, but it has a time!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potato456)
    Sounds like you've already made your mind up tbh. But why do the buses not follow a timetable in your area?! I live in a tiny village where we only have one bus a day, but it has a time!!!
    the buses in my area do follow a timetable but are never on time

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.