The Student Room Group

my male friend keeps touching me...

While I'm in math class he keeps running his hands across my shoulders/arms, poking my ribs, and putting his head on my shoulder while I'm doing my work. It makes me really uncomfortable, but I feel like I may be overreacting? He repeatedly tells me hes asexual, but I feel really awkward, especially because hes "accidentally" touched my breasts before. I don't know how to get him to stop. Ive told him politely, but he continues to touch me throughout the whole class period. When I walk around campus he puts his arm around me which also makes me uncomfortable, and I don't know how to tell him I don't really like physical touch without hurting his feelings. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If someone is making you feel like that you should tell them again, no one is allowed to make you feel that uncomfortable.

If he does it again tell him its making you feel this way and if he doesnt stop then at least you know he’s not a good friend or someone you wanna hang out with anymore.
Tell your teacher/lecturer about it and tell him to get lost.
is this steady were talking abouit
5846177196_8cfc7bbc87_z.jpg is this him
Yeah. Tell the dude that touching you randomly is uncool and he isn't allowed to do so. He's a big boy. He can handle it; Even if he can't, you don't have to put up with unwanted touching.
Complain about it and if nothing happens you may have to confront less politely :/
Women are conditioned to not make a fuss and to never cause a scene. He blatantly doesn't care about making you uncomfortable so don't be afraid to do it to him. If he touches you again just tell him as loudly as you can to not do it. If he continues then report the perv for sexual harassment because I guarantee he knows exactly what he is doing and will be getting a kick from upsetting you.
Reply 8
Original post by KanyesVest
Women are conditioned to not make a fuss and to never cause a scene. He blatantly doesn't care about making you uncomfortable so don't be afraid to do it to him. If he touches you again just tell him as loudly as you can to not do it. If he continues then report the perv for sexual harassment because I guarantee he knows exactly what he is doing and will be getting a kick from upsetting you.

the problem is that i have said "stop" really loudly multiple times already, and he takes it as a joke and touches me more... its hard for me to tell anyone because were really close friends (and a lot of teachers know this as weve had the same set of teachers), so it will be easy for him to defend himself, saying that hes being friendly.
Original post by Anonymous
the problem is that i have said "stop" really loudly multiple times already, and he takes it as a joke and touches me more... its hard for me to tell anyone because were really close friends (and a lot of teachers know this as weve had the same set of teachers), so it will be easy for him to defend himself, saying that hes being friendly.

Then I think it may be time to report him, he is no friend to you. Don't be worried about not being believed, others will have seen his behaviour. It is unacceptable that he is able to make you feel this way.
Original post by blobblob999
5846177196_8cfc7bbc87_z.jpg is this him

(edited 6 years ago)
While I'm in math class he keeps running his hands across my shoulders/arms, poking my ribs, and putting his head on my shoulder while I'm doing my work. It makes me really uncomfortable, but I feel like I may be overreacting? He repeatedly tells me hes asexual, but I feel really awkward, especially because hes "accidentally" touched my breasts before. I don't know how to get him to stop. Ive told him politely, but he continues to touch me throughout the whole class period. When I walk around campus he puts his arm around me which also makes me uncomfortable, and I don't know how to tell him I don't really like physical touch without hurting his feelings. What should I do?

Nobody has the right to touch you without your consent. If you feel uncomfortable confront him and tell him to back off.
you need to make it clear to your friend that their behavior is wrong & transgressive.

Eat a clove of garlic before maths and that should do the trick. You'll only need to do it a few times.

Take it further he has no right to make you feel uncomfortable
Is there any way you can avoid him?? I know you're in the same classes but perhaps you could sit with someone else. If that's not an option, I'd take him aside and tell him firmly, but politely, that he's making you very uncomfortable and it's not a joke. If he still doesn't stop, report him or ditch him as a friend completely. He doesn't respect you at all.
is he fit tho?:wink:

Well it is clearly not acceptable for him to continue to do this. I don't think you're overreacting.

I'd just tell him really firmly that you do not think it is acceptable and that he needs to stop doing it.
Challenge him to a game of firetruck. I'm sure he'll love it.
Reply 19
You’ve been perfectly clear. It’s time to report him. It’s sexual harassment and it’s not okay. I know it’s scary but it’s not your fault. We believe you. You can PM me if you ever want to chat

Quick Reply

Latest