The Student Room Group

Cheating on AS Chemistry paper? Told to write a statement

Just took my AS Chemistry objective paper recently in November and could peek on some dudes answer in front of me, just got an email telling me that there is a “high proportion of incorrect answers” with the dude in front.

What should I write and whats gonna happen? I only peeked on my objective paper but did not do anything else on my other papers, will my whole subject he disqualified? I know I messed up
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by plottwist
x

Nothing will happen at all, they can't prove anything. It could just be a coincidence that you got a lot of the same answers wrong. If they suspected you were cheating they should have told you during the exam. It's too late for them to do anything to you now, just deny everything. They don't have any real evidence so they're relying on you confessing in the statement they're asking you to write.
(edited 6 years ago)
Cheats never prosper. :nope:
Reply 3
Original post by Glassapple
Nothing will happen at all, they can't prove anything. It could just be a coincidence that you got a lot of the same answers wrong. If they suspected you were cheating they should have told you during the exam. It's too late for them to do anything to you now, just sent everything. They don't have any real evidence so they're relying on you confessing in the statement they're asking you to write.

Yeah, main issue is Im quite certain I followed 90% of this dudes every answer. So probably on most incorrect answers our answer is the same. Thoughts and/or experience with what I should still do? Thanks really im mentally done

Original post by Synchronise
Cheats never prosper. :nope:

Yeah tell me something I dont know man :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by plottwist
Yeah, main issue is Im quite certain I followed 90% of this dudes every answer. So probably on most incorrect answers our answer is the same. Thoughts and/or experience with what I should still do? Thanks really im mentally done

Yeah tell me something I dont know man :frown:

Yeah okay, so write in your OP that you copied 90% of this dudes answers. Not that "you could peak at them".
I bet it was the stupidest kid in the year (well after you of course for doing something like this).
I can't give any advice, and you're probably going to get punished, most likely disqualification from this subject, and you should pray that it's not disqualification from all exams.
As with the police, you have nothing to gain by writing or saying anything incriminating. Just write "I did not take part in any dishonest practice throughout this exam nor throughout any exam previous".
You never know.

If you really did copy 90% of the answers (how can you be so dopey not to clock that it will be so bait), only Jesus can save you.

Really the lesson is, if you're going to cheat, do it right ffs. It's relatively easy to do, what with exam clashes, the internet etc., I have no sympathy for those who get caught.

Quick Reply

Latest