bee6630
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
After weeks of reading through prospectus after prospectus and going to open days im still really stuck on my UCAS application and I so need help for those of you who have experienced BA Musical Theatre.

I have on my list Trinity Laban and CSSD and GSA as my first choices
Chichester as my forth but the other two are colleges on my list Im now getting negative feedback, these are SGS in Bristol and North Brooke
in Brighton. I would love to hear from anyone who has studied and
enjoyed a Musical Theatre BA at a University. Only reason I have not
included the other brilliant performing art establishments like ArtsEd,
Birds or Urdang is because i want some choice outside of London.

so if anyone has been to University and done a BA in MT or knows
anything about SGS Bristol or North Brooke Met in Brighton, Id love to
hear from you. Thank you so much x
robin64
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It depends on what your strengths are or if you are an equal triple threat. Have you got BTEC musical theatre?
bee6630
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thanks for your interest. I like to think that i do have a triple treat, Im at grade 8 ballet, doing A Level dance and A Level Drama and I think I can be a fair singer if my voice is trainned. I dont have any qualifications in Musical theatre but I was an active member of an operatic society from 6years old to 8 and then from 8 years to present I have been performing with a Theatre group which puts on Musical theatre each summer. I completed my UCAS last night and submitted Trinity Laban, GSA, CSSD, Chichester, SGS and North Brooke but still not sure about the last two. I know there is not competition between some of them but wanted to leave my options open. Id still like to hear from anyone with experience of SGS or North Brooke.
Robin Nixon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are many great schools for musical theatre, all have different specialities though and different career prospects for their students but some great third level musical theatre schools are:
Royal Conservatoire Of Scotland
Urdang Academy
Royal Central School Of Speech and Drama
Arts Ed
London School Of Musical Theatre
Bird College
Laine Theatre Arts
Guilford School Of Acting (GSA)
The MTA
Mountview
The MGA Academy
Performers College
SLP College
London Studio Centre
Bodyworks Dance Company
Millenium Performing Arts
Trinity Laban
Emil Dale Academy
Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts
Italia Conti Arts Centre
MADD College
Masters Performing Arts

These list is in non particular order (literally just random). This list is aimed at people wanting to apply for a BA or Diploma course, although I do believe that some of these schools offer an MA course. I'm not very knowledgeable in MA courses although I do know that great institutions for MA Musical Theatre that are not on the list are Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama and The Royal Academy of Music.
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you looked at The Hammond in Chester?
welcometotherock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
This post is 2 years old so I expect the OP already applied for courses but I thought I’d add some info.

Northern offer the Level 6 Trinity Diploma which several other well known musical theatre colleges offer. It is equivalent in academic levels to a degree but with less academic content. My daughter is studying for the same qualification elsewhere.

The main thing to be aware of is the funding is different for this course so it’s not an option for everyone. Student loans are not available. Instead students audition for DaDa funding. If successful you pay a contribution towards tuition based on your family income termly up front. A family income of less than £20k you pay nothing, an income of over £90k you pay full fees.

There is however no maintenance grant for anyone with a family income over £20k. The
Last edited by welcometotherock; 6 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (641)
33.54%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (806)
42.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.78%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed