Is roaccutine worth it? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am wanting to try roaccutine and have been offered it from my doctor but I am so unsure weather to go on it.

I know the side effects but I know it has good results. Has anyone else taken this drug before ?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
i am on it right now, it really does clear up ur skin A LOT!! they say the side effects r insanely horrific (depression, horrid dry lips, dry sinuses, dry eyes, a bad initial breakout) - the only side effect i have encountered is the dry lips (i have to always keep vaseline etc on me now). it really does clear out ur skin very well and i would recommend it but side effects do fluctuate and i couldnt promise my experience would be the same as yours
Unistudent77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sides are awful (dry lips and skin) but it worked for me and my acne was very bad at one point. It was the only drug that worked
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I haven't used roaccutane but I was wondering what your skin story was. How many different treatments were you prescribed before you were offered roaccutane? I'm on my third course of antibiotics (I'm now 20, have had acne since I was 12) and am 2 months into a course of Lymecycline but so far it doesn't seem to be working and I'm getting so frustrated. I've considered asking about roaccutane but was wondering how hard it was to be offered it
Exceptional
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It was the only drug that worked for me and my skin cleared up. But, I stopped taking it 5-6 years ago and I still have to moisturise everyday to stop dry skin that it caused. Overall, that's better than acne scars, so I'd recommend it if your skin is terrible.
RockyDennis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am wanting to try roaccutine and have been offered it from my doctor but I am so unsure weather to go on it.

I know the side effects but I know it has good results. Has anyone else taken this drug before ?
Roaccutane has severe side effects. However, it's important to remove acne. I wonder... Have you tried salicylic acid and regular retinol (retinol and roaccutane are both vit A based, but retinol is mild)? You need sunscreen if you use this stuff but could be good? I don't know... I've never had acne.

Maybe glycolic/lactic acid as well. The strong peels seem to do a good job of removing acne from what I've seen.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PollyParrot23)
I haven't used roaccutane but I was wondering what your skin story was. How many different treatments were you prescribed before you were offered roaccutane? I'm on my third course of antibiotics (I'm now 20, have had acne since I was 12) and am 2 months into a course of Lymecycline but so far it doesn't seem to be working and I'm getting so frustrated. I've considered asking about roaccutane but was wondering how hard it was to be offered it
im 16 been on roacuttane for 2 months now after 2/3 years of every other acne treatment to remove severe facial, and moderate back and chest- i dont HAVE to moisturise everyday but as you can see the sides vary a lot, theres no denying that it clears ur skin up massively and in my case the pros outweighed the cons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (135)
48.04%
No (37)
13.17%
I'm not old enough (109)
38.79%

Watched Threads