Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is me:
    donut_mckenzie28 (guess my real name!)
    Hola!

Welcome to our space, where it is our mission on board the spaceship to excel together for reaching {7, 8, 9} at GCSEs.I know i have started this gyg very lately as this was due to being off TSR.Now i am prepared to begin and help others like me to grow and achieve the best grades we can.

I am a 14 year old, currently in year 10 who is passionate to search beyond the surface to succeed secondary school, sixth form, uni and life…or whatever will hit me like a rocket!

Enough babbling!

GCSE Subjects I am taking and the predicted grades, (what I want):
    Spoiler:
    Show

Edexcel Math 7(9)
    Edexcel English Lit. 6+ (8/9)
    Edexcel English Lang. 6(8)
    Aqa Biology 7(9)
    Aqa Chemistry 7(9)
    Aqa Physics 7(9)
    Aqa Geography 6(8)
    Aqa Spanish 8(8)
    BTEC Pe.Distinction
    WJEC CBAC Design and Technology: Resistant Materials

THOUGHT you'd want to know a little about me:
    • I bullet journal
    • :donut:Love donuts:donut:
    • I am multilingual
    • Ethnicity -Yemeni
    • My birthday's 23rd July
    • I enjoy brush lettering
    • I wanna go on to study Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish at A Level and probably AstroPhysics at Uni.Not quite sure but it is a rough idea.?
    • I aspire to have a career in the related field of aviation or maybe join a space organization.

I hope you all enjoy
    :dance: Hasta Luego!:dance:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donut_mckenzie28)
    This is me:
    Hola!

Welcome to our space, where it is our mission on board the spaceship to excel together for reaching {7, 8, 9} at GCSEs.I know i have started this gyg very lately as this was due to being off TSR.Now i am prepared to begin and help others like me to grow and achieve the best grades we can.

I am a 14 year old, currently in year 10 who is passionate to search beyond the surface to succeed secondary school, sixth form, uni and life…or whatever will hit me like a rocket!

Enough babbling!

Spoiler:
    Show

Edexcel Math 7(9)
    Aqa Biology 7(9)
    Aqa Chemistry 7(9)
    Aqa Physics 7(9)
    Aqa Geography 6(8)
    Aqa Spanish 8(8)
    BTEC Pe.Distinction

• I bullet journal
    • I am multilingual
    • Nationality -Yemeni
    • I wanna go on to study Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish at A Level and probably AstroPhysics at Uni.Not quite sure but it is a rough idea.?
    • I aspire to have a career in the related field of aviation or maybe join a space organization.

I hope you all enjoy
    coooool!! I wanna see ur bullet journal, I got loads of notebooks for my bday and i wanna start one x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    coooool!! I wanna see ur bullet journal, I got loads of notebooks for my bday and i wanna start one x
    I only recently started a bullet journal this month .I'm getting more comfortable with my style.

ReputationRep:
    yay you started a gyg!
    we’re in the same year wooo!
    you’re doing really well
    how are you finding year 10?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    yay you started a gyg!
    we’re in the same year wooo!
    you’re doing really well
    how are you finding year 10?
    It's been great,however it is stressful when it comes to tests.The reason i made a gyg is to help people like me to get through year 10 or whatever year they are in and get past school and achieve the best!

ReputationRep:
    It's been great,however it is stressful when it comes to tests.The reason i made a gyg is to help people like me to get through year 10 or whatever year they are in and get past school and achieve the best!
    so you’re finding it similar to me!
    ive found that a gyg really helps

ReputationRep:
    good luck!! i'm looking forward to seeing you excel!!
    btw, i love ur thread title :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyxnko_)
    good luck!! i'm looking forward to seeing you excel!!
    btw, i love ur thread title :heart:
    Thanks xx Do u have a gyg ? if so,i'd like to check it out.
    P.S I will add you on the tag.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks xx Do u have a gyg ? if so,i'd like to check it out.
    P.S I will add you on the tag.
    Yep. This is mine: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5070560
    Thanks for adding me to your tag list.

ReputationRep:
    Your doing quite well, however if your school are predicting you level 9's they've got something wrong, as the only accurate predicted grades they can give are Grades 1-8, its almost impossible to predict if someone will get a level 9/....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoqua)
    Your doing quite well, however if your school are predicting you level 9's they've got something wrong, as the only accurate predicted grades they can give are Grades 1-8, its almost impossible to predict if someone will get a level 9/....
    unless you’re getting 100% or just under in every test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clouddbubbles)
    unless you’re getting 100% or just under in every test
    Well my current results are-

Geography-100%
    Maths-97.5%
    History-100%
    English-85%
    Physics-93.5%
    Biology-92.9%
    Chemistry-93.9%
    French-77.1%(Low here)

And school have still given me an average of 8(8+ in some subjects and 8- for French) for GCSE because they can't predict a 9. Might just be my school's way of predicting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoqua)
    No, the number in the bracket is what i am aiming for myself.Hopefully , the effort i put in will get me a 8 or 9.

ReputationRep:
    No, the number in the bracket is what i am aiming for myself.Hopefully , the effort i put in will get me a 8 or 9.
    Oh ok, sorry, misinterpreted that. Good luck aiming for those top grades, but only really aim for 9 in your best subjects, for instance I'm only aiming for 9 in Maths and Geography, because those are the subjects that I am best at and need the most going forward, but if i can pick up a 9 in History or Physics along the way I won't be complaining. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoqua)
    Oh ok, sorry, misinterpreted that. Good luck aiming for those top grades, but only really aim for 9 in your best subjects, for instance I'm only aiming for 9 in Maths and Geography, because those are the subjects that I am best at and need the most going forward, but if i can pick up a 9 in History or Physics along the way I won't be complaining. Good luck.
    I agree with you.Subjects such as Maths ,Spanish and Biology i am getting very good results on.However, it is physics and chemistry i might be able to get my aspiring levels.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with you.Subjects such as Maths ,Spanish and Biology i am getting very good results on.However, it is physics and chemistry i might be able to get my aspiring levels.
    I hope to get a 9 in maths and science

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=streetdude28;75055626]I hope so.Do you have a gyg?

ReputationRep:
    Wed 13th December
    Today i was feeling quite poorly.Still have a throbbing headache.Hope it gets better.Yesterday there was school open for year 10, 11 and sixth form, so not much had happened.Coverwork as some teachers did not come in. Boring stuff...My day basically was tiring.

English
    a cover lesson so i used it to revise on comparing unseen poems to aim for a higher band

Maths
    we finished the unit on Venn diagrams, density,probability.This week we will probably go over some topics for the end of term exam.I actually enjoy this lesson .i was laugh so hard!

Physics
    lesson on half-life and radioactivity .Be careful alpha particles penetrate through the air!

DT: Resistant Materials
    As always my class is noisy with a bunch of losers annoying me.This was not a nice place for my head.But we basically went through the properties of metals.

Sorry for being dull.Tomorrow will be a promising interesting day.(i hope)I need a miracle for me to get to school tomorrow .Hope your days been good.

QOTD:If you were an animal ,what would you be?
    Spoiler:
    Show

AOTD:An eagle or a pantha.?

ReputationRep:
    get better soon!
    i hope your head is feeling a bit better...

if i was an animal i think i’d be a dolphin, marine life is really interesting lol

ReputationRep:
    This is me:
    Hola!

Enough babbling!

Spoiler:
    Show

Edexcel Math 7(9)
    Aqa Biology 7(9)
    Aqa Chemistry 7(9)
    Aqa Physics 7(9)
    Aqa Geography 6(8)
    Aqa Spanish 8(8)
    BTEC Pe.Distinction

• I bullet journal
    • I am multilingual
    • Nationality -Yemeni

I hope you all enjoy
    Loving this GYG! Defo adding this to my watching list xx

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.