Help feeling depressed and homesick at uni, I have an exam tomorrow :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm feeling so down, I've been trying to study literally all day I haven't left my room but nothing is going in my head.

I went home for this weekend and all I can think of now is how lonely I truly have become. I have no friends at uni and now that it's revision week I have pretty much no human contact
I need to talk to someone all my energy is being drained and I'm struggling to concentrate.
In the afternoon I was so tired just from thinking so much, I felt sick and fell asleep for 2 hours.

I've tried distracting myself by watching Netflix, I went for a short walk just now but my mind is fixated on one thing and one thing only.

Please help me, I can't get out of this delusion and I really need to get my head straight for this exam tomorrow !

:'(
Anonymous #1
Also, binge eating and feeling even more sick on top of it
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I know exactly how you feel. Last year, I felt really lonely and because of that, I was very pessimistic in general. I decided to join a gym and that really helped. It boosts you up! I met people there and became myself again. Try working out once in a while, even if you’re going through revision week. It really helps, trust me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know exactly how you feel. Last year, I felt really lonely and because of that, I was very pessimistic in general. I decided to join a gym and that really helped. It boosts you up! I met people there and became myself again. Try working out once in a while, even if you’re going through revision week. It really helps, trust me.
Thankyou it's good to know other people understand. I'm also pessimistic in general about everything right now.
How do you make friends at the gym ?
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thankyou it's good to know other people understand. I'm also pessimistic in general about everything right now.
How do you make friends at the gym ?
If you want to talk, I'm very happy for you to pm me :hugs:
For now, you should try and do whatever you need to to get through this exam and then after that take some time to reflect and see what changes you can make in your life so that things are more positive for you
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sleep has a good reputation for curing many ills
CharlotteRL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was exactly the same as you in my first year. My whole flat were so quiet and most of them never came out of their rooms or would be away, so I'd come back to no-one, and I missed my family like mad.

Now I'm second year, and I can't tell you how much it has improved. I promise you will find people, it will just take time. Possibly course mates are the best bet, because they understand your stresses/ worries as well as being great friends.

I know how hard it can be, because my friends at other uni's all saw their flatmates as their 'family', and all seemed to settle straight away.

I really hope it improves for you, but if my experience can help you in any way I really hope it can. I thought of dropping out last Christmas, and here I am.

I really hope it all works out for you
MushroomChicken
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I am pretty much in the same boat with you, but for now three of my coursemate literally left me out for no reason,although I keep thinking back like I really got did something wrong,like a minor mistake but srsly I have no idea what I did wrong to make them have such behaviour to me,it's so weird and I am so confuse,they also create another group chat without me in it and keep treating me like I was invisible,or sometimes plan something without letting me know.I am far away from home and I really don't want this kinds of things to happen, what should I do in order to move ahead, I am going to be in this uni for 4 years for god sake.. I hate my life
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Okay, let's get you through your exam then we can sort out you being lonely - I was in a similar boat. Deep breaths, go for a walk to clear your head. Throw our all your junk food and replace it with fruit etc. You've got this!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (93)
49.73%
No (94)
50.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed