Would you be proud of a 2.1 from Durham? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,

I lost my ability to post anonymously on this (and I really don't feel comfortable being identified), so I will start again.

Is it a good achievement or would you be disappointed that you did not get a first?
Froppy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
very subjective...depends how hard i worked...if i felt i poured my heart and soul into the course it would be quite disappointing not to get a first...if i felt like i messed around a lot and didn't put in the effort then i'd be proud of a 2.1
MajorFader
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

I lost my ability to post anonymously on this (and I really don't feel comfortable being identified), so I will start again.

Is it a good achievement or would you be disappointed that you did not get a first?
Depends on how hard I worked personally, can I ask what subject are you specifying?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MajorFader)
Depends on how hard I worked personally, can I ask what subject are you specifying?
An Arts subject like English or History.
22sgw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, not everyone can get a first class degree. 2:1 is very good, and was considered above average not too long ago when 2:2 grades were considered average.
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Durham = Good University
2:1 = Classed as Good Honours

Why wouldn’t you? Just because student forums are filled with people that have a billion Oxbridge degrees doesn’t mean yours is bad.

In fact it’s probably more impressive than 95% of students at average universities with average grades.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Me personally Id be happy that I passed at all, it reminds me of when people used to get upset in school because they got an A as opposed to an A*. Im not very academic but the career I want requires a degree which Im in my final year of now so as long as I finish with a degree despite the grading ill be happy! Its really hard work so well done you be proud of yourself
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you tried your best, you should be proud of whatever you achieved. I don't think it's so much what you got, as opposed to the work you put in to get there. Not everyone has the same potential or academic promise, which is why whether or not you should be proud completely depends on the circumstances and effort put into to obtain the results achieved.
Anonymous #1
Please can i have some more responses to this?
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone,

A 2:1 is very good. And is what's required for many graduate recruitment schemes or for postgrad if that's the route your want to go down next.

Be happy.
MR1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I knew I could've worked harder to get a 1st then I wouldn't be proud. But if I worked hard and ended up with a 2:1 then I would be proud because I'd know I deserved it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (337)
15.64%
The paper was reasonable (1172)
54.39%
Not feeling great about that exam... (466)
21.62%
It was TERRIBLE (180)
8.35%

Watched Threads