The Student Room Group

Varicocele - Help

I have a clear black vein on my scrotum, the left testicle is noticeably larger than the right and there is a dull pain. I don’t know if I’m just imagining it as I never noticed the pain before until I came to the conclusion that I have varicocele. I feel uncomfortable talking about this with my GP but i am concerned that my fertility is affected.

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have a clear black vein on my scrotum, the left testicle is noticeably larger than the right and there is a dull pain. I don’t know if I’m just imagining it as I never noticed the pain before until I came to the conclusion that I have varicocele. I feel uncomfortable talking about this with my GP but i am concerned that my fertility is affected.

Go see your doctor. There's no need to be embarrassed. It's literally their job.
Reply 2

You can go to other places, not just your GP, drop me a private message and we can see what’s local to you.
your doctor is trained to examine all parts of male & female patients. it's what we pay them to do.

Your doctor will have seen literally thousands of genitals in various states of wellbeing. They are not there to make a personal judgement, they are there to help you with your health.

You're 18 now and it's time to take charge of your own health. You aren't a medical professional, so I'm sure you realise that it's not always a good idea to be self-diagnosing. There are lots and lots of different potential causes, some significantly more serious and others which are very easily managed.

You seem aware of the risks associated with not getting this dealt with, so it's really up to you to weigh these up and decide whether a bit of embarrassment is worth it or not.

Quick Reply

Latest