Does having an underbite and sever acne make a person ugly? Watch

Ian1108
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have severe underbite and acne at the same time. Sucks big time. I live life like a normal person as if I am not affected. My friends see me as a happy and confident person but the truth is I am dying deep in side. My underbite and acne is both because of genetics. My father also suffered from severe acne and my mom has a slight underbite. I guess I was just soo unlucky to inherit my parents negative sides I mean I could have inherit my mother's smooth skin and my fathers face shape at least. But nah. I have braces but I dont think I eill be able to undergo surgery too soon because orthognatic surgery is too damn expensive here in the Philippines and I did not grew up in a rich family. Just wanna know how people think about cases like mine. Does underbite or acne make me look unattractive? I've been rejected a lot and I am guessing it's because of my face. They say girls look at a guy's personality and confidence more than looks but I guess those are just sad lies.
Blear
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Go see a doctor, acne is treatable and not worth feeling miserable over.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Treating acne is all about trial and error in finding what works, then consistency. I found sugary drinks would trigger spots on my chin and have changed my diet to heavily limit them, haven’t had a spot on my chin in years. Finding the right face wash and routine is crucial, also get some antibiotics and cream and see how that helps.

As for the underbite, I think it’s unattractive but not all love is born out of attraction - unless you’re talking about the love that starts out of an infatuation and dies quickly, at least you’ll save yourself the heart break. I honestly believe its personality which makes people fall in love, even if its an infatuation, when the blindness fades and they see your true personality thats what decides if they stay or go.
Synchronise
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Blear)
Go see a doctor, acne is treatable and not worth feeling miserable over.
I don't think the Philippines has an NHS like medical service. :nope: (Although I'd love to be proved wrong).
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Many underbites aren’t noticeable. Did you know Hugh Grant has one? Kate Middleton? Neil Degrasse Tyson? Seth Rogen? Joseph Gorden Levitt? Morrisey? Reese Witherspoon? Conor mcgregor? I could list another 100 people.

Acne can Be treated anyway and solved. Don’t worry about your bite unless it causes
medical issues.
Ian1108
Rep:
?
Well I guess no person would love me better other than myself.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
I think girls do look for confidence, however, deep down, we both know that appearances do mean a lot in today's society. I know people will disagree and say that "no one cares about looks anymore" or something like that but that is just being too optimistic. I am also not being cynical and saying that girls only look for is someone who is "hot", however, appearance has a huge impact on first impressions and attraction. For example, if you were to approach a girl at a bar and you look hideous, then, most likely, the girl would not be delighted or want to continue talking to you. Conversely, if you were "hot", then, most likely, they would be more responsive (in a good way). REAL STORY: I know two guys; lets call them A and B. A would be considered very attractive by Western standards and B is not attractive by Western standards. A and B would approach girls, however, A would be perceived as charming, funny and nice while B would be perceived as creepy and coming on too strong. The funny thing is if you look at their actions in isolation of their appearance, A is creepy while B is funny and nice. This story might seem ridiculous but it is quite obvious if you just imagine one looking like David Beckham and the other being overweight, hairy and balding. I went through a period of my life where I was extremely insecure about how I looked and every comment I received would make me extremely upset. I eventually realised that it wasn't worth the time and effort trying to change myself to make other people happy so I focused on what I actually love and, now, I am content with my appearance and happy with my life.

I am certain that this thread will be filled with comments like "don't care about other people and what they say" and etc. I am also certain that it won't make you feel any better or help you in any way and might even annoy you because people don't understand how it feels to be constantly rejected and etc. Hence, I don't know what to say. But, personally, I wouldn't get surgery.

To answer your question of whether or not you are ugly, my answer is no one here can tell you because we don't actually know what you look like. Secondly, I think that you can be the judge of whether or not you are and if you have to ask, then I think that you feel that you are ugly. Therefore, you already know the answer.
Ian1108
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think girls do look for confidence, however, deep down, we both know that appearances do mean a lot in today's society. I know people will disagree and say that "no one cares about looks anymore" or something like that but that is just being too optimistic. I am also not being cynical and saying that girls only look for is someone who is "hot", however, appearance has a huge impact on first impressions and attraction. For example, if you were to approach a girl at a bar and you look hideous, then, most likely, the girl would not be delighted or want to continue talking to you. Conversely, if you were "hot", then, most likely, they would be more responsive (in a good way). REAL STORY: I know two guys; lets call them A and B. A would be considered very attractive by Western standards and B is not attractive by Western standards. A and B would approach girls, however, A would be perceived as charming, funny and nice while B would be perceived as creepy and coming on too strong. The funny thing is if you look at their actions in isolation of their appearance, A is creepy while B is funny and nice. This story might seem ridiculous but it is quite obvious if you just imagine one looking like David Beckham and the other being overweight, hairy and balding. I went through a period of my life where I was extremely insecure about how I looked and every comment I received would make me extremely upset. I eventually realised that it wasn't worth the time and effort trying to change myself to make other people happy so I focused on what I actually love and, now, I am content with my appearance and happy with my life.

I am certain that this thread will be filled with comments like "don't care about other people and what they say" and etc. I am also certain that it won't make you feel any better or help you in any way and might even annoy you because people don't understand how it feels to be constantly rejected and etc. Hence, I don't know what to say. But, personally, I wouldn't get surgery.

To answer your question of whether or not you are ugly, my answer is no one here can tell you because we don't actually know what you look like. Secondly, I think that you can be the judge of whether or not you are and if you have to ask, then I think that you feel that you are ugly. Therefore, you already know the answer.
You actually gave your honest reply and I love ypu for that.
why.am.i.here
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think that acne doesn’t mean anything to most people as pretty much everyone has had it at some stage.
You underbite might concern people who judge but most people won’t care about it after a conversation.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I agree with this and also none of us properly know you.
Ian1108
Rep:
?
Name:  IMG_20171205_145120.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  302.2 KBThis is me btwAttachment 710476710478710500Attachment 710476710478
Attached files
sunshinehss
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tbh everyone is ugly to someone (beauty being subjective) and what I've found is that the people who have been deemed "ugly" by society have had some of the littest personalities I've come across and/or have had something unique to offer.

All of this being said I don't even think you're ugly - beautifully average if anything ☺

Tl;Dr = looks aren't everything and it's definitely not a lie that personality is overlooked.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
You’re not ugly- and your underbite is barely noticeable
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

13.58%
12.83%
2 (99)
12.45%
18.74%
23.02%
19.37%

Watched Threads