The Student Room Group

when your exam work 'goes missing'

.. did a sociology exam on religion and stratification before xmas, first week after xmas I was sick and wasn't in college that week (everyone got their work back/marks etc) , so yesterday I ask for my work back and guess what, it's gone missing, tutor can't find it anywhere, he told me it's fine, I passed with 68% and 'that everything will be ok, it will show up eventually' but I still can't help but feel annoyed. Would anyone else feel hacked off about this happening to them?
Reply 1
My art teacher lost all of my GCSE art coursework...bearing in mind, I spent two years on it all, and probably put the most effort out of anyone in my class into it.

I was pretty pissed off, then my art teacher says 'well have you looked in the coursework cupboard' -course i ****ing have you ******.

I told the head of year, and she was just like.. 'oh well have you asked him for it?' *despairs*

never got it back :frown:

EDIT: before our mock R.S (R.E) exam, while we were stood waiting, my mate got kicked in the balls -proper bad. His face actually went a bit green.. he felt so ill he couldnt write/think properly so he answered the first couple of questions (an A4 sheet -ending mid sentence) , wrote on the top of his paper 'page 1 of 2' and handed it in... then when the teacher came to mark it page 2 has been 'lost'.. she had suspicions but gave him some marks lol.
Reply 2
my biology teacher lost my A2 coursework
you could see she crapped herself, it was found though

the exam board/school lost my mates rs exam paper, and she got 0 for the unit.
Reply 3
My tutor says that this won't make a difference at the end of the year, as I took the exam on the specified day and passed, but that's really not the point, a) i wanted the work back to put in my folder and b) he shouldn't be losing my work anyway
Reply 4
Pheonixx
my biology teacher lost my A2 coursework
you could see she crapped herself, it was found though

the exam board/school lost my mates rs exam paper, and she got 0 for the unit.

that is bang out of order, why should she suffer due to an inept school making a mistake?
Reply 5
Eurgh, I actually had a HUGE go at my English teacher when he lost two of my coursework essays at GCSE. He said "they've gone walkabout, do you want to write me another?" Because of course, one he'd lost was the one that was compulsory handwritten :rolleyes:

I fumed for a few days, he did practically crap himself when I'd finished with him, and they did turn up about a week later, out from under his bed :rolleyes:

When teachers lose it, they need to take responsibility, not try to place the blame on students, who really get the short end of the stick anyway.
our maths department managed to lose the GCSE coursework of an entire class - around 30 students. I'd actually taken mine home to work on over the summer between years 10 and 11, so mine wasn't lost, and the head of maths had the cheek to have a go at me for taking it home when I wasn't supposed to, in spite of the fact that it otherwise would have been lost.
Reply 7
my english teacher lost my NAB (which you need to pass the higher) so i had a to come in during exam leave to write a timed essay i was so pissed off with her!
Reply 8
My French teacher lost all of the GCSE coursework for our class... she never found it. We had to re-do it.

But, yeah, I'd understand you being annoyed about your teacher losing the paper. Whether or not it's important for your grade doesn't matter.
Reply 9
squeak
My art teacher lost all of my GCSE art coursework...bearing in mind, I spent two years on it all, and probably put the most effort out of anyone in my class into it.

I was pretty pissed off, then my art teacher says 'well have you looked in the coursework cupboard' -course i ****ing have you ******.

I told the head of year, and she was just like.. 'oh well have you asked him for it?' *despairs*

never got it back :frown:

What happened? Or had it already been marked?

EDIT: before our mock R.S (R.E) exam, while we were stood waiting, my mate got kicked in the balls -proper bad. His face actually went a bit green.. he felt so ill he couldnt write/think properly so he answered the first couple of questions (an A4 sheet -ending mid sentence) , wrote on the top of his paper 'page 1 of 2' and handed it in... then when the teacher came to mark it page 2 has been 'lost'.. she had suspicions but gave him some marks lol.

Lol, genius.
Reply 10
oh, it had already been marked ^ I'm just pissed off I didn't get to keep my work as I spent so much time on it.
Reply 11
One of my English teachers for GCSE nearly lost my English coursework, luckily she found it in with another year group's work. I dunno how the heck it ended up there though lol.
Reply 12
I think it's just incompetent and unprofessional, I am annoyed.
Reply 13
AQA lost one of our modules for philosophy last summer. Without seeing or marking them (but we took them, I was there.)

So they made up marks for us.
They didn't even tell the college originally, they only found out when the college ordered some people's exam scripts and AQA had to explain why they weren't coming.
Our marks aren't based on mocks, or even an average of our other modules (which wouldn't be fair, as this module was the easiest by far).

They also wouldn't give us a free resit.

How unfair is that?
Reply 14

Thats a pretty good idea
Hmmm, I've just had Drama first lesson. Monday morning, so not feeling great anyway. Then my drama teacher tells me that I need to hand in my monologue justification. As I handed it in last week when it was due i was a tad confused:confused: . The only answer i got was "It's not on the pile". YES IT WAS!!!!! :mad: :eek: :eek3: I put it on the correct pile on the desk. There was only one f*****g pile. Teachers need to take responsibilty for what they do wrong, rather than telling us that we didnt hand it in. YEs we did. I really hate Miss Gemma Calladine atm.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Reply 16
old thread.

people need to understand teachers make mistakes as well. jesus christ.
I've actually been really lucky...first year of uni, I handed an essay into the wrong department by accident. My lecturer actually contacted me and asked me why I hadn't handed in my essay. When I told her I had, she managed to figure out that I'd sent it to the wrong department, and allowed me to print off another copy for her, even though this was a few days after it should have been handed in. She eventually tracked down the original copy, bless her, and I didn't lose any marks for effectively handing it in "late"
Reply 18
this happened to me today and it was biology aswell akk
Original post by slazzy
this happened to me today and it was biology aswell akk

This thread is 11 years old!
Papers do occasionally go astray, particularly ones completed on a word processor. I'd talk to your exams officer to find out more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending