The Student Room Group

Can i go to my insurance uni over my firm choice?

I have an unconditional from Royal Holloway as long as I make it my firm choice, but if i get the results, I'd rather go UCL but that means i would have to put it as my insurance. So if i get the grades on results day can i go to my insurance over my firm choice?
Reply 1
Perfect answers in this TSR thread :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by Fwd
Perfect answers in this TSR thread :tongue:

thank you!
Original post by learner5678
I have an unconditional from Royal Holloway as long as I make it my firm choice, but if i get the results, I'd rather go UCL but that means i would have to put it as my insurance. So if i get the grades on results day can i go to my insurance over my firm choice?

The thread you were linked to does not take account of the fact that you would be accepting an unconditional-if-firm offer. This means your insurance simply will not be available to you once the university has converted the offer from conditional to firm (or bitten your hand off, as you might think of it).

The whole point of these offers is to lock you out of the UCAS Adjustment service and to inveigle applicants into firmly accepting offers they would otherwise decline or accept as insurance only.

If you really want to go to UCL then the only way to give yourself the best chance of doing so is to accept the UCL offer firmly and to insure with something else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending