how social policy promote the nuclear family? Watch

maya-rose2140
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
examine the notion that since the inception of the welfare state public policies have embodied the idea of the normal family. Public policy has promoted this type of family and penalised those families who do not ‘comply’ with the nuclear ideal... i want to know a good way to start and include Individualism
Idealism and structuralism to help explain how these policies affect the family structure.Also what theorists can i mention to help me explain this better. I just want to draw up a structural plan im so stuck with this question. anything is welcome, thanks !! xx
oliviaminor
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you trying to argue that the welfare state created the nuclear family? As in my sociology studies, I've found that the welfare state has been a large factor in destroying the nuclear family ideal. Perhaps if you could clarify the question?
maya-rose2140
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by oliviaminor)
Are you trying to argue that the welfare state created the nuclear family? As in my sociology studies, I've found that the welfare state has been a large factor in destroying the nuclear family ideal. Perhaps if you could clarify the question?
thats what i thought but my question that i need to answer is ' Critically examine the notion that since the inception of the welfare state public policies have embodied the idea of the normal family. Public policy has promoted this type of family and penalised those families who do not ‘comply’ with the nuclear ideal'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (11)
6.51%
They've been reasonable (69)
40.83%
Not feeling great... (44)
26.04%
They are TERRIBLE! (45)