Kadva786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello, I am currently in my last year of secondary education and wanted to know the best courses to take in college in order to become a Pilot. I Know that it’s preferred to choose A-Levels in Maths and Physics but I do not really want to choose Maths as an A-Level.

I want to know if an A level in maths is needed or would other courses other than maths help?
Rohit_Rocks10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kadva786)
Hello, I am currently in my last year of secondary education and wanted to know the best courses to take in college in order to become a Pilot. I Know that it’s preferred to choose A-Levels in Maths and Physics but I do not really want to choose Maths as an A-Level.

I want to know if an A level in maths is needed or would other courses other than maths help?
You DO NOT need any specific A-Levels as far as I know! Some cadet pilot programmes will accept you with CCC in any A-Levels. And I think CCC in Literature, Media and German or something is better than EEE in Physics, Maths and Further Maths any day of the week!
AYRnet
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Kadva786)

Hi Kadva786, the requirements vary from school to school. You'll need to look up a few flight schools on Google and see their entry requirements, but they're usually quite vague since they do their own specific entrance exams. That said, maths and physics normally help get you in, and in some places can be required to apply, so it's probably worth taking them. The school I went to require at least a grade C in GCSE English, maths, and physics (or equivalent) to apply. Like I said, look up a few schools and see what their requirements are before you commit.

If you're looking at the RAF, I'll leave that for someone else to answer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?