The Student Room Group

CyberStart Assess (Cyber Discovery UK)

Anyone here taking part in the CyberStart Assess round 1 challenges? If so where are you up to in it?

I've finished all 14 challenges but I'm curious where other people are on it!

Scroll to see replies

Got it finished in just under an hour, quite easy tasks honestly.
I expected a little harder of a challenge but I assume that's what the other stages will be for, they make the competition harder and harder reducing the number of candidates.

The number of people commenting for help on the forums was quite shocking honestly, considering it's skills required will ALSO be required in the next harder stages.

Eh.
Wow that's impressive, I finished it in about a week but I guess it was because I did it during lunchtimes only! The next rounds seem to be on virtual machines so hopefully something easier, although challenge 14 was very difficult for me.
Original post by CormacMooney
Wow that's impressive, I finished it in about a week but I guess it was because I did it during lunchtimes only! The next rounds seem to be on virtual machines so hopefully something easier, although challenge 14 was very difficult for me.

That's fair enough. They're worded in ways to try and make you THINK! :smile: If you aren't experienced with doing this type of question (I've participated in Cyber Secuirty challenge etc.) it's still a really good time to get in a week :smile:.

The VM stage will most likely be exploiting things on a vulnerable system or something along the lines of that. Something like Metasploit or similar perhaps?
Absolutely, I also participate in Cyber Centurion so when my computer science teacher told me about this I was excited.
(edited 6 years ago)
How do you do 14?
Reply 6
I am struggling on 7, anyone help?
If I don't know the answer to a question what do I do? I don't want the answer but what must I do to solve it?
guys if you want some tips PM me
I'm stuck on 7 10 and 13.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm struggling so bad. I want to get this though. Been like a month and I've still not done the light one or the rocket one or the hex one. Also where is question 14. Mine only goes up to 13. Do you have to uncover it or something

Yh plz

yes please
could i have some help on 14
Reply 14
i need help on 5 and 6
pm me
how old are you? You may have found it easy because the challenge if made for people between 10 and 13 years of age
Reply 17
no i dont think it is by age it is by year group isn't it?
yeah it's by year group, I'm 16

ok thanks for the help however I am still struggling on q.13 with the ROXy person. any extra tips. (sorry I just got the app. it's confusing to work

Quick Reply

Latest