Can you get into uni with 2 a-levels and a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Level 3?????? Watch

mrobwain
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am trying to apply for college and am unsure if i can get into university with only 2 A-levels and a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Criminology? I am so unsure as to what i would like to do at college/uni and just want to know if taking the BTEC would be a bad idea???? please help
Bernadette04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My son has 2 A levels and a BTEC Subsidary Diploma Level 3 with a Distinction * in Health and Social Care and he is in his first year of an Integrated Masters in Religious Studies at Uni. 95% of Uni’s accept the BTEC Level 3. Check out the type of courses you would like to take and whether the Uni will accept the BTEC Level 3 on UCAS. Most criminology courses at quite high ranked uni’s will certainly accept 2 A levels and a High score like a Distinction * or Distinction at BTEC Level 3. Best of luck!
username3680014
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, a lot of universities go by UCAS points meaning you can have a mix of A levels and BTECs. I'd recommend checking out the entry requirements for a few different universities. I'm currently doing a subsidiary diploma in IT and providing I get atleast a Merit overall, that alone will get me onto a degree - which I was rather surprised at! Good luck
yt7777
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mrobwain)
I am trying to apply for college and am unsure if i can get into university with only 2 A-levels and a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Criminology? I am so unsure as to what i would like to do at college/uni and just want to know if taking the BTEC would be a bad idea???? please help
Pretty much every uni will accept this depending on the degree subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (18)
7%
They might tell the bully (26)
10.12%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.34%
It might lead to more bullying (93)
36.19%
There's nothing they could do (78)
30.35%

Watched Threads