The Student Room Group

Applying to Leeds and Manchester (Russell Group) will they accept my GCSES

Hi,
I've been really stressed lately as I'm going through the whole ucas process and I'm worried I wont get in :/ please could I have some advice. So I'm applying for a law degree and I got in total 11 GCSES including English and Maths I got an A in lit and language and a C in maths got a few As and some Bs then a few Cs too. My a level predicteds are AAA. Will my gcses bring me down?? Any help would be appreciated! X
Honestly most universities don't put too much focus on GCSE's and care about predicted A-Level grades much more! (AAA is amazing by the way!)
So don't stress it, your GCSE's aren't even bad so they really shouldn't hold you back at all. :yep:
Original post by EmilySarah00
Honestly most universities don't put too much focus on GCSE's and care about predicted A-Level grades much more! (AAA is amazing by the way!)
So don't stress it, your GCSE's aren't even bad so they really shouldn't hold you back at all. :yep:

Thank you! I've been so stressed about whether they care about them or not but I've been trying really hard at college aha
Original post by Anonymous2067
Thank you! I've been so stressed about whether they care about them or not but I've been trying really hard at college aha

Honestly don't worry about it! College is much more important, you're likely to get offers from the above mentioned Universities and then you've just got to achieve them, so it's great to hear you're trying hard at college.
Hi there, you passed all your GCSE's and more specifically an A in English which i presume is a prerequisite for a law degree at either university? I know lots of Universities require a grade B in math but you should probably look at their required qualifications!
My GCSE's if im honest were ****, i did no work for them and i paid the price for that, however i obtained grade A's in English, Math and Latin but otherwise mostly C grades; i applied for Exeter, Glasgow x2, Royal Holloway, and Reading, receiving offers from all!
Basically if you've preformed poorly in your GCSEs but have shown maturity and progress in your A-level studies (which are significantly more challenging) then you should get offers! Law is a very densely applied to course but with a strong PS and solid predictions you should be ok!
Hope that helped
Original post by connormc199
Hi there, you passed all your GCSE's and more specifically an A in English which i presume is a prerequisite for a law degree at either university? I know lots of Universities require a grade B in math but you should probably look at their required qualifications!
My GCSE's if im honest were ****, i did no work for them and i paid the price for that, however i obtained grade A's in English, Math and Latin but otherwise mostly C grades; i applied for Exeter, Glasgow x2, Royal Holloway, and Reading, receiving offers from all!
Basically if you've preformed poorly in your GCSEs but have shown maturity and progress in your A-level studies (which are significantly more challenging) then you should get offers! Law is a very densely applied to course but with a strong PS and solid predictions you should be ok!
Hope that helped

Hi thanks thats reassuring, yeah that's what i was also thinking English is the most important one and even though I didn't get a B in maths I still passed them all the only 2 i didn't out of 13 were physics and chem (got ds)

Quick Reply

Latest