kawaii sashimi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! so, i started the ocr sociology a-level course in September and have quickly come to realise that there are hardly any resources available online as well as a limited amount of text books/revision guides. For AQA though, there's like a goldmine of stuff :') though some of it is still relevant ad useful to the ocr course, i would love to use some ocr specific stuff too. If you're doing the course or have done the course (especially the linear one where you took the exam this year), please could you share some good websites, books or resources? Also, if anyone's done well in the a-level for it or even if you haven't, please could you give a little advice on how best to study for it (and aside from hard work and revision, what did you do or use to get a good grade?) thanks!! I've looked around on tsr too, but couldn't really find anything on previous threads
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kawaii sashimi)
Hi! so, i started the ocr sociology a-level course in September and have quickly come to realise that there are hardly any resources available online as well as a limited amount of text books/revision guides. For AQA though, there's like a goldmine of stuff :' though some of it is still relevant ad useful to the ocr course, i would love to use some ocr specific stuff too. If you're doing the course or have done the course (especially the linear one where you took the exam this year), please could you share some good websites, books or resources? Also, if anyone's done well in the a-level for it or even if you haven't, please could you give a little advice on how best to study for it (and aside from hard work and revision, what did you do or use to get a good grade?) thanks!! I've looked around on tsr too, but couldn't really find anything on previous threads
Plenty of books there
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...evel+sociology

Also look at exam papers and mark schemes from the ocr website and videos on YouTube. the subject areas should be similar if you stick to the spec.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (13)
14.94%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (17)
19.54%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.39%

Watched Threads