To sleep or to study all night is the question.

Watch
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'v got an impending chemistry exam tomorrow and I'v got a few subtopics to cover such as hydrocarbons and fractional distillation ( there are more ).

Before I get the pep talk, what do you advise I do? I'm really tired however I'v if don't pull the all nighter I will at best pass the exam.

It's a mock GCSE and I'm currently predicted 6/6 for science. My biology mock has been postponed to after Christmas because of the snow so I'm thinking if I sleep I could nail the C or even a B and then come the biology exam ace that to push the predicted grades up.

What do you think?
Pull the all nighter or to not pull the all nighter?
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would sleep, if you have been revising/doing hwk then you will probably remember the content when you see the questions
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sleep. No point trying to study now you wont retain the information. Sleep will let your body subconsciously organise the new things you learn today.
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by HateOCR)
Sleep. No point trying to study now you wont retain the information. Sleep will let your body subconsciously organise the new things you learn today.
Gotcha. By the way I do Math GCSE OCR.
From your username I understand why you hate OCR.
N1GH7F4LL
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When have you got the test tomorrow? Maybe you could look over the topics tomorrow before the test? (And that would probably allow you to get some sleep now)
kawaii sashimi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
I'v got an impending chemistry exam tomorrow and I'v got a few subtopics to cover such as hydrocarbons and fractional distillation ( there are more ).

Before I get the pep talk, what do you advise I do? I'm really tired however I'v if don't pull the all nighter I will at best pass the exam.

It's a mock GCSE and I'm currently predicted 6/6 for science. My biology mock has been postponed to after Christmas because of the snow so I'm thinking if I sleep I could nail the C or even a B and then come the biology exam ace that to push the predicted grades up.

What do you think?
Pull the all nighter or to not pull the all nighter?
i'm struggling with that thought right now myself too :') Though, as everyone else has said too, you should definately sleep. you won't remember much if you're tired , despite how much you try to convince yourself otherwise. Also, if you really wanna get some extra revision in, you could try waking up an hour or two earlier than usual - literally every student ever says this last bit to themselves at some point, it never happens :') Good Luck!!
troubletracking
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Primrose Kitten has some summary videos on YouTube for each topic that aren't longer than 15 minutes each. Maybe watch them/ make notes on them and go to bed. Or, as said above, perhaps you could get up earlier to do some last minute cramming?

Think she's got Edexcel, but she's definitely got AQA:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k3E...NPH69bagsYQaJs
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
I don't even reply to posts but I really wanted to on this one because it related to me so much lol. Before my gcses this year I literally didn't even revise a single bit maybe a few pages every couple of weeks that was it. I would lie to the teachers and tell them that I was revising so that they wouldn't keep me in until 5'o'clock like everybody else even thought I really needed to revise. This lasted until March when everyone had to stay till 5 and even then I got sent home due to talking to everyone. I was predicted such **** grades and I left all my coursework till the end, I kept believing my lies that I was telling my teachers until I was at the end of the line and the gcses were round the corner. So I miraculously finished my coursework even though the deadlines were up (the teachers gave me a special leeway even though I was naughty they loved me for some reason) and for every gcse exam I revised literally the night before with hardly any revision done the whole academic year. Believe me sleep was my worst enemy and I just stayed up the whole night revising and I did feel like the exams were hard and they were but my results were A's and B's , so believe me don't sleep and do your best to get everything on NOTES. What me and my friends did was go home after every exam 'they were mostly in the morning' saying that we was ill and the teachers would just send us home so you could try that aswell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (264)
56.65%
I don't have everything I need (202)
43.35%

Watched Threads