Guide for applying to universities in Germany for undergraduate studies

Watch
stressedanddead
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if all German universities require a maths qualification and if yes, has anyone ever used the CCVX? It's a dutch qualification I'm considering using alongside my A levels
oharabjork
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hello, there are four subjects that I am interested in studying, my question is if I can study all four or if I have to choose less? And I went to a Steiner School and so the qualifications are quite different, I'm hoping I can still apply in a few years. I am retaking bith my maths and English GCSE. I would really like to study abroad, and I love Germany. Although I don't quite know how to apply and start. Thanks. your information was really information.
jezz123987
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
ummhh thank you so much but i wanted to ask if anyone knows any universities that accepts 2 Alevels and 4 AS levels.I have AS level in english, physics biology and chemistry. From those 4 subjects i took biology and chemistry for my A levels.Also i am currently learning German language and i will finish till B1 in few months.'Can you let me know if i qualify for any programs in studeinkollegs or direct entry in any universities?
ceb88
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are there any student loan options for UK citizens studying in Germany? Or do you have to fund your living expenses entirely on your own money up front?
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ceb88)
Are there any student loan options for UK citizens studying in Germany? Or do you have to fund your living expenses entirely on your own money up front?
Hi, a German here... You'll have to fund it yourself. Even German student's, unless they are estranged from there family and don't possess less than 5,000 euros in liquid assets, or are impoverished won't get any support.

Tution fee's are non existent. €500 a year max.
You will need to however, come up with living expenses out of pocket.

But this is normal, as i haven't recieved a maintenance loan either studying in the UK.

The Netherlands where I'm doing my master's does offer a bit more support to EU students. But you likely won't be that in 2021 so that's out the window.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise