The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ngl I never tried that before. I'm so scared of those little creatures I throw paper balls at them ...... yeah weird i know .... but recently when they are flying in he air i get something hard like a ruler or book and hit them as hard as possible so they die quickly as possible
you could also drown them by spraying water lmao
or them electronic tennis racket things
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Is there a more humane way to do it?

Simply guide them out of the window with a magazine or newspaper.

If that fails, fly spray.
Reply 3
Original post by qam
ngl I never tried that before. I'm so scared of those little creatures I throw paper balls at them ...... yeah weird i know .... but recently when they are flying in he air i get something hard like a ruler or book and hit them as hard as possible so they die quickly as possible
you could also drown them by spraying water lmao
or them electronic tennis racket things

How does hitting them work? I've tried that and it never does - they just fly away/continue flying.
Reply 4
everytime i do it they drop to the floor , you have to do it hard and swift
Do flies suffer from BO? I've never noticed it before. Where do you spray the deodorant, under the wings or legs.
Reply 6
Original post by Huw M Thomas
Do flies suffer from BO? I've never noticed it before. Where do you spray the deodorant, under the wings or legs.

I sort of meant any aerosol like and including deodorant.
Original post by Anonymous
I sort of meant any aerosol like and including deodorant.

Do you use fly spray as a deodorant?
Don't do that

I think I tried it but then didn't

I hate flies but it takes too long to kill them aswell as it being cruel.
Reply 9
Original post by fairangel
Don't do that

I think I tried it but then didn't

I hate flies but it takes too long to kill them aswell as it being cruel.

What? Deodorant?
Original post by Doonesbury
Simply guide them out of the window with a magazine or newspaper.

If that fails, fly spray.

instead of physically abusing these poor insects with a newspaper, just buy the Guardian and read it out loud until they lose the will to live.
Original post by Woodland Sprite
Just don't kill them, they don't cause any harm. I like flies and I have very fond memories of spending summers on the beach and letting flies walk all over my skin. I really enjoyed the tickling sensation it produced, believe it or not it's actually a really relaxing massage. Ever since then I've had a soft spot for flies.
If no one killed flies then they'd be all over everyone, everywhere
Original post by the bear
instead of physically abusing these poor insects with a newspaper, just buy the Guardian and read it out loud until they lose the will to live.

Are you meant to read The Guardian? What?

I thought its sole function was to either wipe the proverbials after taking a dump...
Original post by Blue_Cow
Are you meant to read The Guardian? What?

I thought its sole function was to either wipe the proverbials after taking a dump...

it is also useful for lighting fires & making hats

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-your-own-Newspaper-Hat/
it is also useful for lighting fires & making hats

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Build-your-own-Newspaper-Hat/

PRSOM
Original post by Blue_Cow
PRSOM

this is actually a much better hat.... i have made these before :h:

[video]https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=make+a+printers+hat+with+newsp aper&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1[/video]
this is actually a much better hat.... i have made these before :h:

[video]https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=make+a+printers+hat+with+newsp aper&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1[/video]

I think I made something similar to that in primary school once. It was part of a costume...
Reply 17
Deodrant + a lighter is the most humane way of killing anything.
Kill the ****ing flies , preferably the cruelest way possible. they are disgusting ,they kill millions of our pets each yet, one way through flystrike. I absolutely hate them and I am probably one of the biggest animal/insect lovers you could ever know but I hate flies so much, they are vile
Original post by Cleverboy1991
Kill the ****ing flies , preferably the cruelest way possible. they are disgusting ,they kill millions of our pets each yet, one way through flystrike. I absolutely hate them and I am probably one of the biggest animal/insect lovers you could ever know but I hate flies so much, they are vile

Agreed! What is 'flystrike' though?!

Latest